Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this boat and would like to build a wakeboard tower for it but I'm concerned about the fiberglass. Is it actually thick enough or is there a prefered placement for the feet of the tower? Also where can I get windshields?

·
InsaneInjun
592 Posts
I bought this boat and would like to build a wakeboard tower for it but I'm concerned about the fiberglass. Is it actually thick enough or is there a prefered placement for the feet of the tower? Also where can I get windshields?

your going to what !it look's so nice without one.wayne earl 520 jefferson st. placentia ca. 92870 ph. 1-714-577-0632 fax 1-714-577-0635 and i think talk to dan ?i got one a one piece for $350.00plus $100.00 shipping to northern ca.great company ! " *****".:)devil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I know, why would you put a roll bar on a boat. But I use this boat exclusively for water skiing and wakeboarding and I need the height of the tower. I don't like the pylons with the cords and ropes that go everywhere and make it a pita to move around inside the boat. Thanks for the windscreen info. Will give them a call Tues.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Hey teenycar,

You need to DuoProp that dealio.....It would double the performance of that badboy....:)devil

BTW, go ahead and tower it....It's your boat.:)bulb

GT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are we looking at the same boat, cause there's no performance whatsoever coming out of that rainbow warrior! hahahahaha I think the motor is tired. Pretty sure it is the original motor and never been rebuilt. I have a 400hp dyno'd chevy 350 I am putting in it this winter. I'm sure it will loose a bit with the marine manifolds and whatever but it otta still kick over what it is replacing. I read a bit on the duo prop but for the money I don't think they are worth it. Are you running one? Have any experience with them? I'm a bit of a simpleton I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same situation

Did you ever get a tower or find designs you like for that sexy thing? I have a very similar boat, love the thing, and find myself in the exact same position.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Tower

Whenever we install a tower we always try reinforce the mounting points to try to eliminate stress cracks. You can use alium plates or glass in some wood panels under the deck below the mounting points. Wayne and Earl's can build you any windshield but alot of time they need the boat unless you want to duplicate what you have then all you do is send them the old windshields. When building your tower make sure you take into consideration the bimini top, clearance can be a proplem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL...free texting with Sprint??? No, its not free. If you don't have a text messaging plan then you are being charged for every text or pic message sent and received. I think their text messaging is .15 ea and pics are .25 ea. What is so confusing about that? If you are not sure about something all you have to do is call customer service...DUH!

·
Registered
230 Posts
We install many Monster Towers per year and it is a must to install some additional core material and a layer of fiberglass on the outside of the core material. Usually a resined section of plywood and two layers of mat.

Monster is very universal.

Momstertower.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts