Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...who out there is wake surfing. Looks like it is picking up steam and wakeboarding is becoming a little less popular? Anyone here got the bug?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You use the rope the whole time? Most I've seen drop the rope once they are up and stay in the pocket. Or was this pic taken just after you got up? Just curious

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys use a fat sack or just load the peeps up on one side?

Thinking I'm gonna have to jump on this "sport"

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
The kids are doing it in addition to Wakeboarding.
Apples and oranges in their books.
Wakeboarding the kids get way more air and do more sophisticated stunts.

But wakesurfing is teriffic and they all love it too.
A good look at how good some are can be found on Fuel TV towsports programs.

Some LEOS are giving warnings to wakesurfers according to threads on the Wake forums,, but who's take can you believe??
More to it that just Boatcop yelling at you for no reason,,

Some are doing it with outdrive boats and close to the props,,,, crazy.
Only with jets, Vee'z or D Drives should this be done.

Seriously,,, think about it.

·
3,339 Posts
You use the rope the whole time? Most I've seen drop the rope once they are up and stay in the pocket. Or was this pic taken just after you got up? Just curious
The really lightweight kids & chix can easily drop the rope and surf the wake indefinately.

The big boys tend to hang onto the rope, especially as they do tricks,, and are they getting good at tricks.
Skateboard class stuff is starting to take hold.

I love it all, Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing, tubeing,, waterskiing, kneeboarding,, air chairs,,,, it's all good.

We're in a watersports renaisssance,, it's a new era for boating family sports.

·
What are you thinking?
562 Posts
So...who out there is wake surfing. Looks like it is picking up steam and wakeboarding is becoming a little less popular? Anyone here got the bug?
I love wake surfing. On these boards I don't think you will find to many serious "behind the boat" type people. Most of this group likes going fast from one place to another hanging out on different beaches and coves. Which might I add, there is nothing wrong with that.:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some are doing it with outdrive boats and close to the props,,,, crazy.
Only with jets, Vee'z or D Drives should this be done.

Seriously,,, think about it.
You'd have to be an idiot to do it with an outdrive....but I just read a few stories and saw a couple of videos with those types of people. :)sphss

·
3,339 Posts
You'd have to be an idiot to do it with an outdrive....but I just read a few stories and saw a couple of videos with those types of people. :)sphss
Then they come into the forums saying BC's picking on them.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
we usually drop it but for big hits and airs we just hold it, plus we only had three people in the boat.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've done it a couple of times behind a friends Centurion. I think it's old guy, 35yrs, friendly. If you can wakeboard you should be riding after a few tries. My second try I was able to drop the rope and cut up and down the wake. I am only 178lbs though. After a serious ankle injury wakeboarding I like the slow speed and low air tricks of wakesurfing. I would get one if I had a non I/O boat.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I guess if you are having fun it's all good, but it's not really wake surfing if you hold the rope imo. I've done it on a wakesetter, wedge down, balasts full, and about 900lbs of people on one side of the boat and it was a blast! I sucked, but it sure was fun. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
We're into it. Just picked up a Malibu 247 LSV that rocks. The different ways I can set that thing up is sweet. :)devil

I like wakeboarding better because of the air, but surfing's cool to chill out after riding hard. Still working on staying in the pocket w/o the rope. I can get slack for a while, but not long enough to toss it back into the boat, yet. I'm 6,3 and 200 lbs, though. My kids will probably catch it before I do.
Slashing the lip is fun, and we're experimenting with other tricks. I still like the single ski, too. Have yet to try the skate. We'll get there, too. :)devil

I'll load the right rear ballast, drop wedge and have the crew sit in right rear. Haven't tried loading center ballast, too. Still working out how to shape the wakes the best. It's crazy when you cross up on the middle and the board is higher than everyone sitting in the boat. :)devil

·
Registered
587 Posts
We're into it. Just picked up a Malibu 247 LSV that rocks. The different ways I can set that thing up is sweet. :)devil

I like wakeboarding better because of the air, but surfing's cool to chill out after riding hard. Still working on staying in the pocket w/o the rope. I can get slack for a while, but not long enough to toss it back into the boat, yet. I'm 6,3 and 200 lbs, though. My kids will probably catch it before I do.
Slashing the lip is fun, and we're experimenting with other tricks. I still like the single ski, too. Have yet to try the skate. We'll get there, too. :)devil

I'll load the right rear ballast, drop wedge and have the crew sit in right rear. Haven't tried loading center ballast, too. Still working out how to shape the wakes the best. It's crazy when you cross up on the middle and the board is higher than everyone sitting in the boat. :)devil
So I've heard...you have THE boat for wakesurfing.:)devil I wonder how the epics are though. 4000lbs of balast.:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts