Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hoodys and swim trunks
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wamplers Info: The entrance to the park is off M12, head north on 124 and make a left at the guard shack. You'll see the signs that mark the way to the beach and boat ramp. The ramp is the farthest point of the park. Most people drop their coolers and chairs at the Beach Parking lot before heading to the ramp because it's a bit of a walk.

Idle out of the cove, stay in the center, and head West to the beach after you pass the outcropping. It's an all sand bottom. Bring Tie-ups, T's or anchors to moore off the beach, or just pull up. The lake is yours to play on as you see fit.

People typically get there by 11am but they trickle in through out the day. Introduce yourself to people, talk shop, go race, whatever, just have fun.

There are barbeque grills available and facilities on site. If the main bathrooms aren't open then the small ones in the adjacent lot to the West will be.

There's the Bauer Motel that has 5 stars locally and the Super 8 in Brooklyn, MI for those coming from out of town.

I won't be there due to vacation overseas but I hope you all have a great time. Post pics!!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nothing like a little communication.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Dave,

Too bad you didn't have a crystal ball to be able to schedule this for last Tuesday....
I am seeing 62 and cloudy with probable off & on rain. A few days ago the forecast was for 78 and partly cloudy. And the prediction was for progressively cooler and cloudier each day. Or at least that's what I saw from here.
Such is living in Michigan. Been that way forever.

Darin
Not anyones fault its always iffy in May and October just less cops on the lake at least it didnt snow ,at least not much....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mother Nature

Not anyones fault its always iffy in May and October just less cops on the lake at least it didnt snow ,at least not much....
Shep,
What do you mean? We can't blame mother nature? <sarcasm>

I know what you mean, This year you could have had some decent boating days in April or even March. I started to put the dock & lift in March 24th this year. One of these years, if I have running boat, I will do that. And it seems like you never know. Some years there is ice still on the lakes well into April. About 10 years ago we had 9" of snow on April 25 I think it was. And a week or 2 prior to that, we were roofing in t-shirts and shorts. At the time, I took a picture because we were adding onto the garage then, just not sure where it is at.
I certainly like boating with both fewer officers and less traffic, especially with the roll bar speaker boats.
So not one person went to Wamplers? I figured there would be at least 1 or 2 die hards who would at least be in the parking lot, not necessarily boating. Or am I just not checking facebook, like I should, I hear that is where it is at! Shep, weren't you in the parking lot by yourself just a year or two ago, wondering where everyone else was?
Darin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts