Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a BBC short, or long block set up for a supercharger application. I have a brand new Whipple so the actual blower is NOT important. Can be an engine that is fresh, tired or flat ass blown up....just looking for the "core" set up that I can rebuild.

Obviously a 502 ci or better, low compression set-up...you guys know the drill, like I said, an engine set up for a blower application and all that entails.

Thanks

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Get ahold of Barry (Obnoxious001). He's assembled a number of the blower/turbo boats here. He may have something. Great guy.

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Just the ticket

I have a 468, 4-bolt, chevy steel crank, 7/16 chev rods, Wiseco forged blower pistons, ARP head studs, Clevite HP bearings, balanced, plate honed, decked, etc, o-ringed block, copper gaskets (or you can use regular gaskets), crane flat hydraulic cam/lifters, cloyes double roller chain, fluidampner balancer, flywheel. SHORT BLOCK Was a Vortech blown motor, 810 HP for 2 seasons, just went through it (rings, bearings, hone etc. ) and ran it on the stand for maybe 10 minutes. Build sheet. Sold blower/intake/fuel system and used heads on another project. Ready to go $1,800. This is a good solid short block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts