Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find a SANGER MOD VP IO. I built the plug in the mid '80s. Only a few were built. One of the boats ran in the Parker 9 hr.
HARLAN ORRIN

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sanger mod v-p

I built the plug to run in a Mercury Mrine sponsored class using their outdrive-engine package with a 350 sbc. I never saw a pic of the completed boat. The picture I have of the plug under construction does not show much of the lines of the boat. They could have run with outboards. Jack said the boat ran in the 110 + mph range.
HARLAN ORRIN

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wanted sanger mod v-p

The boat was about 18-19'. The deck was like a 17-10 Sanger with a full size cockpit.
HARLAN ORRIN

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
I built the plug to run in a Mercury Mrine sponsored class using their outdrive-engine package with a 350 sbc. I never saw a pic of the completed boat. The picture I have of the plug under construction does not show much of the lines of the boat. They could have run with outboards. Jack said the boat ran in the 110 + mph range.
HARLAN ORRIN
definately not with outboards .seen one running around discovery bay for years with a 2.5 merc and that thing was lucky to see 85 mph . personally i find it hard to believe that boat with a heavier v-8 and outdrive doing better speeds than say 2.5 merc just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts