Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a Small Block 2 piece oil pan with oil pump pickup tube. Flywheel faCING forward. 7 1/2”ish deep. David. 559-eight one six 8 seven nine 6. Thanxs.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
If you can not find a used pan for you application, May I suggest you check out Armondos oil pans in Texas, custom built, with several options as far as configuration and oil control.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can not find a used pan for you application, May I suggest you check out Armondos oil pans in Texas, custom built, with several options as far as configuration and oil control.
Thanks for the heads up. Hoping to do this SB thing on the cheap. (As if anything for a boat is ever cheap). Running the SB this summer to work bugs out before putting the B.B. blower motor in boat.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Not much small block vdrive stuff available. I know that for sure. I have a 69 vette motor set up, and the pan was custom, because I couldn’t find one. If you can find an old Dooley or Dan Olsen pan without the sump in it, you can cut the baffle and install it on the other side of the divider and make a jet boat pan work too, if you can find one that is the same depth of pan at the front as it it at the rear depth. As far as the pickup, I can help you with solving that if you can find a pan. There is a way to make a standard pickup longer by cutting he straight section, then adding stainless braided hose section in between the two pieces of the pump with hose clamps. It works well.
chris

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
I have a nice dooley for sbc flywheel forward, with picj up, 350.00 plus ride. thanks tim

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much small block vdrive stuff available. I know that for sure. I have a 69 vette motor set up, and the pan was custom, because I couldn’t find one. If you can find an old Dooley or Dan Olsen pan without the sump in it, you can cut the baffle and install it on the other side of the divider and make a jet boat pan work too, if you can find one that is the same depth of pan at the front as it it at the rear depth. As far as the pickup, I can help you with solving that if you can find a pan. There is a way to make a standard pickup longer by cutting he straight section, then adding stainless braided hose section in between the two pieces of the pump with hose clamps. It works well.
chris
. Thanks for,the reply. Appreciate the help and suggestion. Might Have a line on a pan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts