Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a stock restoration of a 1979 Rowdy Manufacturing - Sandollar 17' for the last year, and hanging around Vintagejetboats and getting lots of help from the crowd there: 1979 Sandollar

I've come up short finding an engine mounted tow for my AMC 360: AMC 360 in boat - YouTube

I don't think anyone makes a tow specificlly for an AMC, so I am looking for a used SBC tow. I've taken measurements and It should work even if I have to modify it.

Thought I would join up and see if any of you guys can help out.

I found a thread here already about a BBC tow, and have sent a PM and inquired there as well: http://www.performanceboats.com/parts-sale/89456-wtb-bbc-engine-mounted-ski-tow.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have about 18 ski tows, tall, short, factory, and custom. I am in Fallbrook
HARLAN ORRIN
Harlan, thats the response I've been looking for... :thumb:

Measuring between the rear intake bolts on my manifold is about 8" across CTC. I haven't measure the degree of angle.

Measuring between the top two bell housing bolts is about 6" across CTC.

The vertical drop from the intake to the bell housing is about 4"

The horizontal gap between the rear intake bolts and bell housing bolts is about 3 1/2" +/-

As far as tall, short, etc... I found this video of another AMC and anything even close to this would be fine: 1976 haskell runner bottom w/ AMC 360 and panther - YouTube

If you have anything that would work (I am willing to modify it) a picture would be nice. My thinking is that a SBC tow might work fine and with minimal manipulation or stretching. I measured a SBC and it seems I could stretch the intake arms slightly, squeeze the bell housing arms, and get close.

I'm in Eureka, so if it works out, I am hoping you could ship at your convenience.

Thanks for your time Harlan!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts