Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another thread Matt1840 has a Tahiti boat with 1/4 stringers. If he was to have to replace the floor in his boat would it be wise to change the stringers to full length? And is or would this be worth doing? Has anyone done this before?:)Unsure

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What amount of HP can you run with 1/4 stringers?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Its been said 1/4 stringer boats are good to 500hp.
I would think that the overall setup and driving charateristics and enviroment have more bearing though.

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
well according to Desktop dyno i sound be around 530 HP... I saw a guy say that his dynoed at 600 and the build was the same but he was using a out of the store cam and had no head work done. My setup has larger intake valves, port work, and the cab was designed for my build by chris straubb... So i dont know, he could have been just claiming more... i just tell people i'm thinkin around 550

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I thought, sooooo, I am going to have to mild my right foot down! LOL! We will see what happens! Thanks guys!:D

WT

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i ran a 800+hp taylor sj with 1/4 stringers and i beat on it like it owed me $$$$:)devil never broke 1 lose(i did put new stringers/floor in the 1st winter i had the boat)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i ran a 800+hp taylor sj with 1/4 stringers and i beat on it like it owed me $$$$:)devil never broke 1 lose(i did put new stringers/floor in the 1st winter i had the boat)
I ran an SJ for about 5-6 years those were built boats stout:)devil The boat I have now is lighter so I was told to keep my eye on the bottom and stringer location for crazing by Ervin Capps and run shat out of it!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i've got some video of that sj on the home pc, i'll post it tonite. it was mean for what it was. i went completely thru the whole boat, and sawed off every lake vhull in our area with it.

Attachments

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
On another thread Matt1840 has a Tahiti boat with 1/4 stringers. If he was to have to replace the floor in his boat would it be wise to change the stringers to full length? And is or would this be worth doing? Has anyone done this before?:)Unsure
The biggest concern I had with putting power to my old Tahiti was the transition from the stringers to the floor. It's a natural place for the hull to flex if beat on, and I never did figure out a good aesthetic and structural way to extend the stringers into the floor. If you were to go full stringer, there wouldn't be any need for the floor.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I am going to try this one out!
:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
The biggest concern I had with putting power to my old Tahiti was the transition from the stringers to the floor. It's a natural place for the hull to flex if beat on, and I never did figure out a good aesthetic and structural way to extend the stringers into the floor. If you were to go full stringer, there wouldn't be any need for the floor.
that's what i did when i put stringers and floor in the sj. my tank was under the bench so i couldn't go full or half stringer with it, so instead i cut that part of the stringer down to where the floor would set on it right, ran those stringers to about 1/3 instead of 1/4, but i locked them down realllllly well with the floor and a thick bulkhead. i never felt that boat flex at all. i did put alot of time into reinforcing what stringers i could put in it, it worked out pretty good, i shot 300hp of nitrous to it a few times,lil ole 11 to 1 bbf :D i've only got 1 video of it, i'll get it and post it up. it'd run 80 in 1000ft on the 200 shot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts