Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just destroyed my X Outdrive in that it simply gave out after running 900 HP through it. I am not up on all the drive ratings...I have a 257 Effect that has the above stated power. Does anyone have a capable drive? Looking for a rebuild, or a re-conditioned drive that can handle the power. I am in So-Cal and I can pick up in Cal, Arizona or NevadaThanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what I need! I am being told that the upper gears are gone and I have a twisted main drive shaft....I have duel hyd rams

·
Conquest Deck
41 Posts
Have a Teague Custum MARINE upper and imco sc lower LWP 1.5 gear ratio Aaron & Jason from Max Machine just Rebuilt 0 hrs. Give me a call if interested 909 519 5080

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Not sure what I need! I am being told that the upper gears are gone and I have a twisted main drive shaft....I have duel hyd rams

Easy choice now that I know what's going on! If you like PM me your contact info. and I will see if an SCX fits into your budget.

Running 900HP with a XR or a SC will eventually result in failure to the drive...the upper is so much more expensive than the lower unit. Hence, the rationale with using a SCX upper and a SC lower.

Let me know.

KAP

·
Classic Hot boater!
330 Posts
drive

Easy choice now that I know what's going on! If you like PM me your contact info. and I will see if an SCX fits into your budget.

Running 900HP with a XR or a SC will eventually result in failure to the drive...the upper is so much more expensive than the lower unit. Hence, the rationale with using a SCX upper and a SC lower.

Let me know.

KAP
i have what you need 2200.00 304-395-0646 complete max machine work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Big b-max

Just destroyed my X Outdrive in that it simply gave out after running 900 HP through it. I am not up on all the drive ratings...I have a 257 Effect that has the above stated power. Does anyone have a capable drive? Looking for a rebuild, or a re-conditioned drive that can handle the power. I am in So-Cal and I can pick up in Cal, Arizona or NevadaThanks
I HAVE A B-MAX 1:30 RATIO POKER RUN EDITION COMPLETE. 5" GEARS H/D SHAFTS, CRESCENT LOWER WITH DRAG PLATE. RAN IN HTM BLOWN INJECTED 1200 HP CHEV. EXCELLANT SHAPE. SEE ON YOU TUBE UNDER MIKE FETTERMAN- BAD ASS HTM. HAVE MOTOR AND OUTDRIVE. SET UP FOR DUAL STEERING OF COURSE. CONTACT FETTERMAN AT [email protected] or 951-256-0553

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
the b-max will work but the SCX upper with the SC lower is the way to go. When a upper lets go on a B-max is 3400 for gears or possibly more now and they are back east still, also the cresent lower is not as fast as the SC. you could contact Kap or myself or other shops that deal with these style drivee to see what your budget is. With one SC or Max or Teague drive failure you would be over half way to buying an SCX upper. :hmmm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts