Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know. My son anchored out just off one of the beeches and Saturday night some one ripped all the stereo gear out of his Eliminator to the tune of about $3000 to $ 4000 They loaded his tube with the gear and floated it down the river. The ranger claims this has been going on for the last 3 weekends. He also said they have had a few boats stolen and then dumped He thinks people get left there drinking at the bar and help them selves to a ride home. :mad:

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know. My son anchored out just off one of the beeches and Saturday night some one ripped all the stereo gear out of his Eliminator to the tune of about $3000 to $ 4000 They loaded his tube with the gear and floated it down the river. The ranger claims this has been going on for the last 3 weekends. He also said they have had a few boats stolen and then dumped He thinks people get left there drinking at the bar and help them selves to a ride home. :mad:

They found the tube downriver?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I am so sick of hearing about Moabi this and Moabi that. I am NEVER heading up river now!!!!

My boat drafts 3+ feet so I cant make it up river. ;)

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Hate hearing this kind of shit and sorry for your sons loss, BUT my advice is to never leave your boat un-attended. Now I know at times there's no choice ie. over night etc., I'm talking about those that take the water taxi to the Naked Pirate or Naked Turtle. It sucks but with too many jack-ass thiefs out there I just wouldn't take the chance. If we walk up and down Moabi there is always peeps keeping an eye out for me.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I am so sick of hearing about Moabi this and Moabi that. I am NEVER heading up river now!!!!

My boat drafts 3+ feet so I cant make it up river. ;)

Just unload your 27' Dhingy out the back! :D

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Just a sign of the times.
Lots of friends as LEO's in this area..For about the last 6-8 weeks there is a crew going around hitting boats with keys left in them, items from inside the boats, camping equipment and so on...it is going on up and down river from topock to bullhead city...everyone from laughlin to topock needs to keep their eyes open...stuff is happening as late at 2-4am....have read a few short burps in the paper online but nothing else seems to be said....boaters need to watch out for other boaters...these people need to be caught and strung up....

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Just a sign of the times.
thats a sad but true fact...not to thread jack but my buddys wakeboard boat got looted last friday right in front of his house, he was packed up for the next day family trip on the water,boat on the truck and cove on the boat...all 4 amps,6.5's,1 12,3 wakeboards and 4 wakeboard vests even got his ipod wire from under the dash its the first theft in his hood in 5yrs:)st

but hitting up peeps boats while they are anchored is taking it to a whole diff level...

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
id say set up a dummy boat with a tower full of goodies,hang out with a varmit rifle and have a lil fun with these fokers:):)punch

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Stake outs

Seems to me it wouldn't be that hard to set up a stake out. Night vision equipment from across the river and just sit and wait. The LE frequently uses manpower to create "safety" checks on the water, why not concentrate on thieves for a while. Hell, I know i would volunteer for a "nightshift" sitting in the weeds waiting..............Ray

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Seems to me it wouldn't be that hard to set up a stake out. Night vision equipment from across the river and just sit and wait. The LE frequently uses manpower to create "safety" checks on the water, why not concentrate on thieves for a while. Hell, I know i would volunteer for a "nightshift" sitting in the weeds waiting..............Ray
Trust me they are active in trying to locate and catch these scumbags...

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Rest assured they will be caught, theives always return to the scene of the crime, especially speed freaks/crack heads. They need to feed their habit and they will get comfortable and screw up and the LEO's will be there to catch them, saw it happen at our park 3 years back.

·
AKA Janda
261 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Its been happining all over. It happened to my friends boat two weeks ago in front of his house on the North side of town.
Now we need to stop these guys!
Maybe with some concrete shoes

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's just a matter of time before someone sees these clowns and drowns one of them. No big loss in my book if they're found floating in the reeds in the gorge on Monday afternoon...

I hate thieves.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts