Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pile of rocks RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE NAKED PIRATE BAR (Park Moabi ) about 1-2 feet below the water at 2pm today .Yes the water was low but not to low for them to put a bouy on the spot . I'm sure many other people will be pissed when they find the spot . It is about 60 to 70 feet off the Northeast corner of beach .

I got VERY lucky I was drifting and not in gear when we hit it with both Outboards (and yes they were trimmed up quite a bit ).

Now that the end of summer is near and water levels will be lower MANY people will be hitting it and not getting as lucky as I was today.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
There is a pile of rocks RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE NAKED PIRATE BAR (Park Moabi ) about 1-2 feet below the water at 2pm today .Yes the water was low but not to low for them to put a bouy on the spot . I'm sure many other people will be pissed when they find the spot . It is about 60 to 70 feet off the Northeast corner of beach .

I got VERY lucky I was drifting and not in gear when we hit it with both Outboards (and yes they were trimmed up quite a bit ).

Now that the end of summer is near and water levels will be lower MANY people will be hitting it and not getting as lucky as I was today.
I thought for sure I'd tapped some on Wednesday with the outdrive skeg, I was about 50 feet off the shore at the corner between the channel and the bay(far end of bar furthest away from restaraunt).
No damage so I thought it was my imagination until reading your post.

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought for sure I'd tapped some on Wednesday with the outdrive skeg, I was about 50 feet off the shore at the corner between the channel and the bay(far end of bar furthest away from restaraunt).
No damage so I thought it was my imagination until reading your post.
It was NOT your imagination, I couldn't believe it either.

They better do something fast or many people won't buy a $2000 beer when the hit there Herring props.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
It was NOT your imagination, I couldn't believe it either.

They better do something fast or many people won't buy a $2000 beer when the hit there Herring props.
So this rock bar is in front of the bar on the left as you look at the bar.??

I think I will park on the beach and take the shuttle. :D

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
So this rock bar is in front of the bar on the left as you look at the bar.??

I think I will park on the beach and take the shuttle. :D
If in the water, restaraunt on left, I hit something at the far right of the bar at the corner.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
With the amount of traffic up there, suprised no one hit it a'fore...:|err
Thanks Bully....:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes we hit it last weekend in my buddys boat and f up the prop. its kinda in front of where the have the cannons stay clear of that area.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
We hit them on Thursday, thankfully I just barely dinged my skeg. It brought us to a complete stop too. You think maybe they could put a bouey there so people don't keep hitting them?

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's all the congealed urea from the thousands of folks pissing in the stagnant channel this summer.. kinda like a giant kidney stone in that fetid cesspool.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Came out off Topac last weekend and ran thru some of that mud.
Coming out right side of the opening..
Luckily just mud/sand.
You think at the Nake Pirates some one would get that rock/boulder out of there
after speeding that much money on the place.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
What a pleasant Post

You and PAPA must be

WELL let`s keep it pleasant:)sphss

:)hand
That is Funny JetD, you give me way to much credit knowing everyone and anyone that may posts anything against your investment...must have one because you are their #1 cheerleader...what you can't take any criticism of your most cherished hang out...the place was a zoo today again...l...4 boats wide trying to get out of the channel...people swimming right out in front of PCove drunk roughly 50 to 60 feet into the channel or just about the middle throwing a football back and forth...a very good percentage of very ill trained boaters with a large portion being well under the influence....
Dreading the day when the county gets a nice law suit from someone getting hurt because of that place...one serious incident so far and more to follow stated directly from local LEO's.....

PS
Watch those rocks they will tear up your drive(s) or prop(s)..
The rocks have been there for decades, if the old timers remember that is where the turtles used to sun when the water got low in the channel...Have heard of roughly a dozen or so boat ownes far either dinging their props or very mild damage to their drives so far this year on that rock...Should be marked.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts