Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and are thinking about picking up a de-ionizer for the house. If these things work it would make boat cleaning much easier. Has anyone done this in the Mohave Valley area? If so, what brand, how much, etc...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My brother and are thinking about picking up a de-ionizer for the house. If these things work it would make boat cleaning much easier. Has anyone done this in the Mohave Valley area? If so, what brand, how much, etc...
You don't buy a DI unit as you will have no way to clean it. What you can do is rent a DI tank and exchange it when depleted. This is what 99% what everyone does including business.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Probably a better option is to buy a softener, although not DI, at least it can be used for the house as well, and soft water will also make boat cleaning a breeze:D

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Personally I'd soften the water, then use an inexpensive R.O unit into a small holding tank and then a Grundfos MQ pump to pump out of it. Wash with tap water, final rinse with RO and air dry. Its how I was my cars/boat and I never dry anything. Works great.

Like Kinetico said, it takes special chemicals to regen DI that you dont wanna mess with. Most use exchange systems, I'd rather own the system. However, problem with just using a softner only is your still going to get spots, however they are easier to get off. I just put a 300 gallon tank under my deck, never see it. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have a soft water system with a good filter, and now I think we're going to buy that CR system for the final rinse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts