Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives? Can cruise around all day with no issue but I romp down on it a few seconds and then there's a ton of water in the floor. It's not the headers... I turned the water off to verify. Any clue?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Packing clamp is prob gtn loose, put a turn or two on the nuts and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. The pump is set back so it ain't the bowl. You'd think a seal would spray or something... I mean it's a bunch a water where I gotta turn the bilge on.

·
Oklahoma Hot Boat Assn
481 Posts
Is the water warm or cold? Mine does it too, but its not that big of a deal to me

I have water coming in around the loader bolts and around the bottom of the transom plates. Might check all your cooling water connections, I've had those loosen up and put some water in the hull.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Packing clamp is prob gtn loose, put a turn or two on the nuts and see if it goes away.
X2

In my very limited jet experience, the above has caused the described problem for me personally. Cruise... no problem. But, get on it and once the intake builds some pressure it looks like the lawn sprinklers turned on behind the engine. Water everywhere.

In my case the packing follower broke an ear off when I tightened it up a bit. Got new packing glands when I ordered the replacement follower. Be gentile. If it seems bottomed out, it probably is, and just time for new packing glands.

Just my limited experience. YMMV

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Perhaps the suction housing has fatigue cracked, or the suction is leaking at the intake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts