Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter had some problems with the intake manifold this week in Parker.
got some water in the oil and we need to know the best way to make sure it's all out. Thanks:)coffee

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
How much? Is there a bit of throth on the filler cap? Is the oil like chocolate milk?

If there is not a lot, run it for a long time. Get some heat in the oil and the water will evaporate. Stop many times real quick and check the dipstick to make sure the oil is not milkshaking.

If it has milk shaked, change is and do the above.

I did that after my boat sunk. all was good.

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it is chocolate not light. so we will change and run:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had my motor fill up with water a couple months ago. Drained the oil, pulled the plugs, shot some WD-40 in the plug holes, cranked er over to get any excess water out.
Put a new filter and oil in and she fired right up.
I checked the oil after 5-10 minutes on the water and then a few more times during the day and it was fine.
Seems like all is good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Remember, oil floats on top of water. If you any measureable amount of water in the pan, the only thing lubing your bearings will be water.

If you ever have water in the oil, drain it as completely as possible, new filter and new oil before running it again. Running the engine will boil out the residual moisture, but not any significant amount of water. (at least not before you destroy the bearings.)

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts