Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suprised Konetich20 hasn't posted yet, Ill do it for him.

Are you kidding me? While state issues IOUs, politicians vote to ban water softeners!

The politicians in Sacramento can’t find the time or energy to agree to fix our historic budget crisis, but they can agree to ban your appliances! Despite vocal public opposition, sketchy scientific data and no guarantee of effectiveness, politicians in Sacramento are trying to take away your right to have a water softener in your home.

Assembly Bill 1366 by Assemblyman Mike Feuer has passed the Assembly and a Senate Committee and is well on its way to final passage in the legislature unless the politicians hear from you!

This bill will allow a new “wrench police” that will give unaccountable government bureaucrats the right to forcibly seize the water softener from your home.

Not only is this a gross violation of private property rights, but similar bans have had no affect on the environment and do not address issues of salinity in California’s drinking water supply.

While the politicians work hard to craft solutions to problems that don’t exist, we are issuing IOUs, cutting the pay of state workers and laying off workers in record numbers.

If you have had enough of Sacramento’s foolishness and want to tell your State legislators to vote against this silly measure, please click below or visit http://www.SaveMySoftener.com.

As my representative in Sacramento, I urge you to vote NO on AB 1366.

AB 1366 would grant government sweeping power to remove an appliance from a private residence. The state of California and my local community should not restrict my ability to purchase a water softener for my home. If passed, this bill would allow the government to intrude into a private residence and remove an appliance that was purchased in good faith.

Please protect my property rights and rights as an individual to purchase and own a water softener. California has more important problems to solve than creating a new “wrench police” to take appliances out of my home.

Please vote NO on AB 1366.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
This is nothing new for the mental wizards in Sacramento. While I understand chlorides are a particular problem, water softeners are NOT! the evil doers that they claim to be. Funny how other states that do not discharge into the ocean seem to have no problems. Some states have a heavy percentage of softeners, while southern california only has a 11% saturtion. Quite frankly I'm getting tired after 28yrs of this, it's no wonder people are leaving California and by the way the people leaving are exactly the ones we want to stay.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yes , Sacramento lets ban water softeners, put me and counless other companies across California out of business as well as thousands of employee's. Next let's ban other industries and implement our rules and regulations. Yes lets turn California into a Liberal, welfare state where everyone depends on the State tit. Just send my checks to Kinetico ooops I mean Don's liquer store, we can always use more liquer stores.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They are already banned in Santa Clarita, along with salt water pools.
Yep had ours removed a couple weeks ago, spent damn near 3k on mine and they are gonna give me about $600 back:|err. Now I have to rent the tanks from culligan for about $80-90 a month. They said i was looking at a 1k fine if i was caught using the old one. Sucks big time, but that little Fn frog will live on.

Still not sure about the pools though, neighbor just put one in within the last 6 months.

·
Speed Alley 100MPH Club
247 Posts
Sounds like I need to set up a black market water softner business. Buy the confiscated ones at a huge discount from the state authorities and resell them back to the users that want them with no paperwork trail.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Seriously WTF? As I said in another post, let's just fire these pathetic excuses for human beings who don't deserve to have high paying jobs and replace them with some of our great self-employed business people that have lost their companies due to the current economy. I'm sure that they'd be able to sort out the CA budget in a few hours!!!

·
Premium Member
7,846 Posts
Seriously WTF? As I said in another post, let's just fire these pathetic excuses for human beings who don't deserve to have high paying jobs and replace them with some of our great self-employed business people that have lost their companies due to the current economy. I'm sure that they'd be able to sort out the CA budget in a few hours!!!
The fiscal problem with that is the former business owner has the drive and desire to start over and build another business. Those in the state government are useless and would just be a draw on society!!

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
7,834 Posts
Works for me.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This thread got funny!

Yes, I agree, congress is steadily working on a plan to ban all human beings from California. LOL.

NO need to worry though, Im sure North Korea will nuke us soon enough! We can only pray that they aim for Sacramento!:)bulb :)sphss

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.