Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it was a busy weekend. Flew out to SD for our shakedown test before taking delivery. :) A big shout out and thanks to Dave and the crew at DCB. (Eric and Deron) especially. I was a constant hound on the phone and text as we went into and through rigging. Eric and Deron also gave up their Saturday to spend it with me at Lake Elsinore prop testing. I got a few pics which don't do the boat justice as they are with a camera phone but you'll get the idea. :)

Attachments

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
few on the water.

I decided to do a few things different. We went with twin 300xs's :D Instead of the whole gauge cluster, went with clean setup of Mercury Raceview for Tach, Trim, Water pressure, Temp, etc. Speed, Depth, Weather, on the GPS Plotter. We also did a full hydraulic power steering system which made the steering AWESOME! It was just as smooth if not smoother than a i/o package's power steering system.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beautiful boat!! Congrats!! Love the O/B's! What kind of speeds did you see? Hope to get up to Smith Mt Lake this year for the Poker Run, can't wait to see your DCB! Steve:)devil

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
For those that are asking here and in pm.

We hit 90 with multiple props with almost full fuel and 3 guys aboard and the water conditions turned pretty nasty in the afternoon which prevented the last few speed runs where we thought we'd really get some numbers.. Oh yeah, the moters were still in break-in stage and double burning oil. I can only assume and cross my fingers that once the motors are truely broken in, we'll see a bit more power. :)

One interesting prop we did try was 33 herring 5 blade cleavers. GREAT cruise 60 at 4000 rpm but at the top end it was freeing the boat up a bit to much at the stern :( We were surprised at how well the 300xs's pulled the large pitch props.

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
about time someone did something right! beautiful boat. This will be my family boat when i have kids:D did you run the boat with bravo 1 props on it?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Really nice, Eric and Deron rigged mine as well, really cool guys that take pride in what they do. I remember when they took mine to elsinore to do some prop testing, so exciting to finally see it on the water. :)devil Best of luck and very impressive numbers considering the 30's are on the heavy side.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congratulations!! Beautiful boat. Dave and his crew are the best. They really go the extra mile to make their customers happy.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Beautiful boat, great power choice for something out of the norm for deck boats. Love the colors and interior it goes very wel with your avatar. :)devil

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did you run the boat with bravo 1 props on it?
We ran it with I believe 5 different sets of props. The bravo's were the slowest by about 10 mph. Now the bravo cleavers were pretty good but the best alround performing ones were the Hering 4 blade cleavers. Actually the 5 blade Herings were great(8mph gain at cruise) up until the top end where it kicked the stern up a bit to much and the boat felt way loose.

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
i run the bravos on my boat and they are definitely a little slower on top end but not that much but the hole shot and acceleration are awesome. Even though are boats are still way different, i would have thought they would have done pretty decent.

We ran it with I believe 5 different sets of props. The bravo's were the slowest by about 10 mph. Now the bravo cleavers were pretty good but the best alround performing ones were the Hering 4 blade cleavers. Actually the 5 blade Herings were great(8mph gain at cruise) up until the top end where it kicked the stern up a bit to much and the boat felt way loose.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts