Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to get the other half done!
i used this FW-1 spray and wipe crap, worked pretty well. you can see all the crap left on the left side by only washing it. not perfect, but the whole right side turned out better than i hoped!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
If you used a buffer that thing would POP! Looks good! WT:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Meguiars two in one abrasive/ polishing compound with meguiars wax with a variable speed buffer its worth the work.
X2:)devil look on ebay and get the mequiars gelcoat restoration kit, it comes with the compound, polish and gel wax for 35bucks. it kept my tx19 looking great and it was alottttt worse than your boat. when your doin quik clean up at the ramp after a day out, get some original pledge and wipe the boat down with it. it puts oil back in the gel , plus pledge is a wax.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dad does mobile detailing on cars, i think he gets stuff direct through meguiars. i'm going to have to ask him to pick some up!
thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Looks good however...in time it could be a chore keeping up with the gloss. When I purchased my 21 Daytona I wet sanded it and machine buffed it >looked great!
In short time I was fighting holding back the oxidation again, especially where water would wash away the daily polish/wax I put on it.
Having enough I decided to sand the whole boat(top and sides with 600 and put a clear coat over everything. True the clear coat will chip easier(I'm more careful) however the gloss is always wet looking and it's super easy to take care of.

Below is before buffing

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having enough I decided to sand the whole boat(top and sides with 600 and put a clear coat over everything. True the clear coat will chip easier(I'm more careful) however the gloss is always wet looking and it's super easy to take care of.

So you just used regular automotive clear coat? Looks great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts