Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again... In 2008 we saw the entire country take ONE GIANT STEP downward... Many of our friends here said that this would occur and that is exactly what happened...

The business people of the country are making plans again... This time it's for MUCH higher stakes:

"David Siegel, the owner of Westgate Resorts, sent a surprising email to his employees Monday. "

"It said that if President Barack Obama wins re-election and raises Siegel's taxes, he will have to lay off workers and downsize his company - or even shut it down.

"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he wrote. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."

In a version of Romney's "47 percent" remarks, Siegel added that "people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for."

CEO to Workers: I May Fire You if Obama Wins - Yahoo! Finance

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I agree, and this is one of many similiar stories. People will not be able to say that they were not warned. We talked about it in the Thanks Barack thread ( the one I posted )

Darden restaurants, Steve Wynn, Uhaul were a few others in addition to my employer, my husbands employer. I believe that we will continue to hear about the consequences of another Obama term from employers nationwide.

People should consider themselves warned.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, and this is one of many similiar stories. People will not be able to say that they were not warned. We talked about it in the Thanks Barack thread ( the one I posted )

Darden restaurants, Steve Wynn, Uhaul were a few others in addition to my employer, my husbands employer. I believe that we will continue to hear about the consequences of another Obama term from employers nationwide.

People should consider themselves warned.
My late grandpa used to tell us wild kids "if you wont listen, you have to feel"... :spanks:

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Or he could be trying to scare them into voting his way. Pathetic move either way.
So what's it called when the WH (President) asks (tells) defense contractors not to send out pink slips until after the election and offers to cover any legal cost's because this action is illegal?

One business owner truthfully says he wont hand over the fruits of his labor to the government with out a fight. And our President says to contractors, "If you know what's good for you, you'll cover my ass until after the election!"

Who's more pathetic?

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
It's ok though when the Union does it with their propaganda and forced union dues on a paycheck that go towards Union endorsed candidates?

BTW, I am still trying to figure out what you were thanking Barack for? Care to shed some light?
It was explained in the the thread. The president has very little influence, if any, on the price of oil and the amount we are paying at the pump. If he did, do you think we would be paying this much right before the election?

So what's it called when the WH (President) asks (tells) defense contractors not to send out pink slips until after the election and offers to cover any legal cost's because this action is illegal?

One business owner truthfully says he wont hand over the fruits of his labor to the government with out a fight. And our President says to contractors, "If you know what's good for you, you'll cover my ass until after the election!"

Who's more pathetic?
It's bullshit in either case. Vote for whom you like.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It was explained in the the thread. The president has very little influence, if any, on the price of oil and the amount we are paying at the pump. If he did, do you think we would be paying this much right before the election?

So you think that running the printing presses night and day produsing currancy has no effect? What an idiot!

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Or he could be trying to scare them into voting his way. Pathetic move either way.
Oh how I wish you were operating a business for the past decade and got to see/feel/experience, first hand how disastrous this administration has been to our economy. You'll overlook the insane unemployment, the massive debt, loss of consumer confidence in favor of your party line vote Rod. When will you wake up to the facts that your hero is a complete failure. Couple questions.
Were you aware that another one of our own, a security chief in Yemen was killed in a terrorist attack this morning?
Were you aware that the administration now admits to having been aware of the embassy attacks prior to the movie trailer?
Were you aware of Taxmageddon coming to YOU and every other American in January?

Admit it Rod. You bet on a horse that has no legs because he had a fast name.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts

Speaking honestly and upfront is something the left is not familiar with. He is just letting his employee's know in advance that the last 4 years have been devastating on his company and another 4 will not be bearable. Better to know in advance then walk in to work one day and find out you were laid off and now joining the 23 million other out of work people in line for your free hand out of government cheese and free phone and socialized medicare.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Speaking honestly and upfront is something the left is not familiar with. He is just letting his employee's know in advance that the last 4 years have been devastating on his company and another 4 will not be bearable. Better to know in advance then walk in to work one day and find out you were laid off and now joining the 23 million other out of work people in line for your free hand out of government cheese and free phone and socialized medicare.
R&J, CVX, 1986, etc., have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Elections have consequences.

True enough, on today's prices. Leadership means looking ahead. I seem to remember Clinton saying that drilling would have "no effect for 10 yrs". Well guess what, that was 14 yrs ago. Time passes no matter what.

So you think that running the printing presses night and day produsing currancy has no effect? !
Well, yeah, the inflationary effect of the last 4 yrs. has an effect on today's price. As does 4 yrs of hostility to oil drilling. Surprise. I'll bet O's feelings are hurt that he might lose an election due to gas prices, tough shit.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Wait a minute. Aren't you the bullshit artist that was THNKING Obama for what you thought were LOW gas prices just a few weeks ago and giving credit to Ozero for keeping prices in check? Now you say they are high, but Oblaimo has no control over gas prices?
Of course he has control over it. He CHOSE to not allow the pipe to be built, he CHOSE to shut down offshore drilling in the gulf while subsidizing foreign countries to drill.
He has CHOSEN to not grant drilling on federal lands. Your right R&J, he has no pwoer over fuel costs.

Its NOT bullshit either way. Its IS bullshit if the asshat is re-elected. We already know what his agenda for the country is, and its not at all American.

You have proven once again to be one of the most outspoken, uneducated morons on the forum. Your ability and willingness to bare your ignorance is astounding.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts