Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best bang for the buck on a hand held weather station ?

Don't want to spend a small fortune.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
i've been using a performaireII for the last 7 years. had to send it back in a couple times (it got wet once), but tech support is excellent.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i have been using the orange kestral unit out of jegs...i think its like $239.99...works great for what i need...if you shop around on the internet you can get a better price...i think i got mine for $219.99

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Density gauge

i have been using the orange kestral unit out of jegs...i think its like $239.99...works great for what i need...if you shop around on the internet you can get a better price...i think i got mine for $219.99
If you're on a limited budget, and what racer type isn't, call Kinsler Injection and get one of their calibrated Air Density Gauges. About a buck 40, ($140.). Once you establish a base line tune up the adjustments almost make themselves. Percentage of density change is in direct relation to the percentage of fuel/air ratio changes..........Works very well for us..........Ray

PS The percentage of change is determined using the AREA of the orifice, not the diameter......

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guy's. I'll check on what you told me.

Thanks,

Sleeper CP :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts