Performance Boats Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an advertisement for this boat company that I have never heard of called Pure. I thought I would check out here site. I was blown away at how much their site looked like Ultras. I mean, almost exactly. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Once you enter, you will really see the similarities.

http://www.pure-performanceracing.com/

And the original

http://www.ultraboats.com/

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The site was designed and developed by the same company.

Man, I would pissed off if I hired a company and they just copied another company's site. Hell I would be even more pissed of if I had the original and the company did an exact copy of my site. What is really bad, is they are in the same industry.

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts
Man, I would pissed off if I hired a company and they just copied another company's site. Hell I would be even more pissed of if I had the original and the company did an exact copy of my site. What is really bad, is they are in the same industry.
Would you go all beaverretriever on them? :D

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
isnt that the truth unless they got a good deal. Maybe they got a two for one special. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out for me. yeah I'm pissed. I have already left a message for my soon to be former website designer.

I would say that requires a re-design at NO CHARGE. I know there are only so many ways to slice bread but at least try not to make it that obvious...

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I saw this the other night and was telling Holly about it as well. Also, the new 32 cat they have coming out sure looks damn close to the new Ultra 344SC??

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for pointing that out for me. Yeah I'm pissed. I have already left a message for my soon to be former website designer.

That is almost an exact copy of my old website he had designed for me back in 05

http://web.archive.org/web/20051108102054/http://www.ultraboats.com/

There were pages on my site that were practically identical to the Pure knock off.

No problem. I think the way you do things is different than others and that is what makes your company stand out from the others. Just thought the comparison of the two was interesting.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I saw this the other night and was telling Holly about it as well. Also, the new 32 cat they have coming out sure looks damn close to the new Ultra 344SC??

Close is an understatement.
Based on the photo I saw, I thought it was the Ultra.

I sure hope the person that designed the Ultra 344, did not splash his own design and re-sell it. ;) Where did business ethics go?

·
BB572
227 Posts
Wow!!! Everything seems to be pretty close, to Ultra's website, including the design of their new 32' Cat. Their 29 Aprisa is the same boat as the Genesis 29 Apache. If you look at their 25 Lago page, the front page boat is the SAME 25 Extreme that Genesis took to the HB trials the same time I took the Blue/Gray open bown. That is not a Pure Boat. It is a Genesis!

The renderings for their 282 Zito is also the same boat as the Aftershock 282 Party deck.

I have never dealt with anyone over at Pure, but it seems like they are taking a bunch of different manufacturer's designs and marketing them as their own. Not sure if Genesis or Aftershock are selling them hulls and rigging them, but their boats are the same boats that other manufacturers are marketing.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I thought the same thing when I saw the picture of their 32' cat.
What really gives it away are the billet step pads for the entry from the rear step platform. Also, just like DCM said these molds are exactly like Genesis and even Lightning boats.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
The website deal is bullshit..

I don't know anything about "pure" but in their defense... I can say it's "possible" that they are buying hulls from mfg's, rigging them and selling them under their own brand name? Which if that was the case I don't really see a problem with it?

That has been done by many companies, some small, some very reputable, for years..

I thought that 25 was the old Virage boat when I 1st saw it? I dunno though it's been years since I've seen a virage..

Incidentally, I'm almost possitive that I saw that orange 25 in Parker, and it said "Pure" on the side of it.

If their not doing that with other mfg's permission then I guess it is what it is.. LOL

Again the website deal is enough that I'd probably fire the web guy.. or atleast hang him out for some seriously good deals in the future.

RD

·
Registered
444 Posts
All right, I wasn't even going to post this, but it has been pissing me off for a few months now. I had Rob King do a rendering of the 344 so I could get it in some ads and have some brochures made for the LA show. I didn't like the rendering. I told him it looked to stubby and it didn't look enough like the actual boat for me to use it. Then a couple of months later I see the rendering for the Pure 32 or whatever they are calling it. Now they hire my web guy and knock off my website.

Here is the rendering of the 344

Here is the Pure rendering

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
All right, I wasn't even going to post this, but it has been pissing me off for a few months now. I had Rob King do a rendering of the 344 so I could get it in some ads and have some brochures made for the LA show. I didn't like the rendering. I told him it looked to stubby and it didn't look enough like the actual boat for me to use it. Then a couple of months later I see the rendering for the Pure 32 or whatever they are calling it. Now they hire my web guy and knock off my website.

Here is the rendering of the 344

Here is the Pure rendering

I agree the rendering does look stubby. Both boats look exactly the same. I don't blame you at all for being pissed. Actually they should call them selfs " Pure Copycats"

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
I disagree with using John's(Ultra's Web Site) or an almost exact copy without getting some sort of financial return for set-up, art work etc that goes into a web page, the web company seems to have some explaining to do to JW. As far as the copying of the boats, I've always wondered about copying and just assumed that permission was given by the original hull builder to use the hull and add their own spin to it, Eliminators Daytona hull, isn't that where DCB got their start or IMO the Lavey and Ultra's look kinda like Eliminators coupe, not exactly but enough. If permission was given than I see nothing wrong if not well that's a different story. As far as the rendering of Ultras to Pure thats BS, Pure should be held accountable for stealing a design and trying to market that as theirs.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.