Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. O.K. This is my first jet boat ever, and everytime I get going fast and get out of it, it feels like it wants to come around on me. I've already over corrected the steering and felt like the boat wanted to spin out. Is this something I just have to get use to. I dont think anyone else in the boat feels this when it happens, its more of a gut feeling and it has scared me acouple times. Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would let one the drivers here drive it so they can give you the answers your looking for. Do not drive that boat until some else drives. the worst thing is not to have confidence and hurt your self and or someone else.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would let one the drivers here drive it so they can give you the answers your looking for. Do not drive that boat until some else drives. the worst thing is not to have confidence and hurt your self and or someone else.
When I first got it, met with a friend and he drove it. 3 weeks ago. He opened it up and I got the same feeling from the passenger seat, he said the boat has alot of power and be careful. I've done very little high speed runs since then. Wave runners are going by me cuz am a chicken shit to open it up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
As mentioned, take pictures of your shoe&loader and the bottom of your boat. Its looks like a good hull and make sure your steering tube isn't rubbing against anything. i'd take off the pump cover though and just make sure its not hitting anything either.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As mentioned, take pictures of your shoe&loader and the bottom of your boat. Its looks like a good hull and make sure your steering tube isn't rubbing against anything. i'd take off the pump cover though and just make sure its not hitting anything either.
Ok. Thanks. I'll have to do some homework. I've only been into this jet boat stuff not even a month. Dont even know what a shoe, ride, loader are yet. I'll read up on the stuff, and repost. Thanks again.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ok. Thanks. I'll have to do some homework. I've only been into this jet boat stuff not even a month. Dont even know what a shoe, ride, loader are yet. I'll read up on the stuff, and repost. Thanks again.
Just pics of the pump, bottom end of the boat (rear) and underneath the pump will work and the pro's will chime in and give their advise. jump on jetboatperformance.com and rexmar.com to learn the parts and their names with pics.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just pics of the pump, bottom end of the boat (rear) and underneath the pump will work and the pro's will chime in and give their advise. jump on jetboatperformance.com and rexmar.com to learn the parts and their names with pics.
Thanks Yumajet. I'll crawl under the boat when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

What they are talking about is the area under your boat by the intake of your jet. While its on the trailer take some pictures of your intake and bottom of the boat in that area.

Edit: beat to it...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Take that boat to Tom at Jet Performance or listen to him forgot more than most on jet drives. You are being asked questions that you don't have not an idea what to answer, being this is your first jet boat.
You are not being chicken but cautious and that's good. It might be someone on this forum knows this boat.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Take that boat to Tom at Jet Performance or listen to him forgot more than most on jet drives. You are being asked questions that you don't have not an idea what to answer, being this is your first jet boat.
You are not being chicken but cautious and that's good. It might be someone on this forum knows this boat.
The guy I bought it from GPS it mid 70's. Way more seat time than me. Might be something I have to get use to. Only had it out 4 times so far. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
From the way you wrote your post and your description of the boats handling characteristics I read that to say " when I let out of it at higher speeds" are you saying you let off the throttle immediately? (full closed throttle) If so, that's generally risky and or dangerous driving habits especially the faster you go be it boat, car, motorcycle etc. Things can get real ugly real fast that way. As the others have all said hull and pump set up characteristics can help make a big difference with this condition especially bow ride ride height. Either a trim control unit such as a place diverter, a droop snoot, or both will generally correct many of these handling charateristics quickly. As you get that worked out to where the boat is most effecient (hydrodynamically) you will experience better speed with less h.p.,better overall driveability and greater control upon deceleration from speeds, not to mention more fun while doing it, just don't "dump" the throttle, learn to "drive ahead" of your position and leave yourself both time and space to slow the boat to a slower, safer speed before you decellerate quickly (25 mph or less). Be safe, have fun, go like and hell and let us know how things work out.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
This looks like a Taylor BR whitch has an E pump! Good boat and kind of nose heavy! Unless someone added it will not have a shoe but will have a ride plate! Speed in the Taylors can get hairee above 80MPH! Does it have a Place Diverter? I think Duane at Hi-Tech Performance can give you some good advice on these boats! Hotbo is dealing with one now too! Good Luck! WT:)devil

Don't take this wrong Taylors are a great boats and that is a clean BR!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts