Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
It takes about 15 seconds with a wirefeed.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Shaun, you entertain me. You started your thread with a question and finished it with your own answer.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Bracket, not welded!!!!

Have a bracket welded on the pick up. DO NOT weld the pick up into the pump. The heat required may distort the pump body. Have someone weld a bracket that bolts under a couple of oil pump cover bolts......I thought welded in pick ups were loooonnnnggggg gone.......Is this an "out of the box" pump?? Gee, I thought you were trying to not make the same mistakes again????.......Ray

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Have a bracket welded on the pick up. DO NOT weld the pick up into the pump. The heat required may distort the pump body. Have someone weld a bracket that bolts under a couple of oil pump cover bolts......I thought welded in pick ups were loooonnnnggggg gone.......Is this an "out of the box" pump?? Gee, I thought you were trying to not make the same mistakes again????.......Ray
Talk to Stefs, there instructions say to drill out the pump to 49/64ths and to have the pickup welded. It does have a tab on the pickup.

Pumps a hi-vol melling, already blue printed it.

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shaun, you entertain me. You started your thread with a question and finished it with your own answer.
Never fails i start a thread and find the answer right after i post :) I called probably 7 welders in my area and nobody could give me a answer. I asked bob mckray if he knew of anybody... and he knew exactly what i was talking about and even said the same of the rod that Stefs told me needed to be used. Sounded like he had plenty of experience doing this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts