Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of chasing my tail, I finally figured out why my turd would not run like it did on the forth of july. I tore the pump down and to my dismay, I found, one broken impellor, and one messed up bowl.One whole impellor fin (outlet side)bent and cracked and was folded down like a envelope lid, and the bowl looked the same, one whole fin bent down blocking the water outlet. I know exactly when this happened and know it makes perfect sence why it has been running the way it has. We did alot of testing last weekend and could only bearlly break the century mark when in fact, me and Lana where doing 106 mph passes all day long earlier in the forth trip and with the boat empty and low on fuel i broke off a solid 108 pass.

Looks like a new bowl and impellor are in my future along with finnally putting the squeeze to it. Hopefully by january for the Tom Papp get together i will be ready for some nitrous passes.

I think im going to switch out the berk bowl for an amt with the longer discharge to lower the thrust a little more and that should get me where i need to be.
The sad thing is, I should have tore it down after i knew i sucked a butt load of rocks through the pump.

I will never trust the word of a freind "go that way, i've been threw there a 100 times"... lol love ya Mikey.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Impellor

Tim;
Just currious, was the impellor a stainless? I have heard of the alluminum going to shit with High HP ,but never heard any one mention a stainless letting go. I'm sure it happens though....Hal

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was a fully detailed A stainless. Alot of work was in that impellor, but its a paper weight now.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Yes it was a fully detailed A stainless. Alot of work was in that impellor, but its a paper weight now.
Makes for good wall art, though.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
After months of chasing my tail, I finally figured out why my turd would not run like it did on the forth of july. I tore the pump down and to my dismay, I found, one broken impellor, and one messed up bowl.One whole impellor fin (outlet side)bent and cracked and was folded down like a envelope lid, and the bowl looked the same, one whole fin bent down blocking the water outlet. I know exactly when this happened and know it makes perfect sence why it has been running the way it has. We did alot of testing last weekend and could only bearlly break the century mark when in fact, me and Lana where doing 106 mph passes all day long earlier in the forth trip and with the boat empty and low on fuel i broke off a solid 108 pass.

Looks like a new bowl and impellor are in my future along with finnally putting the squeeze to it. Hopefully by january for the Tom Papp get together i will be ready for some nitrous passes.

I think im going to switch out the berk bowl for an amt with the longer discharge to lower the thrust a little more and that should get me where i need to be.
The sad thing is, I should have tore it down after i knew i sucked a butt load of rocks through the pump.

I will never trust the word of a freind "go that way, i've been threw there a 100 times"... lol love ya Mikey.

bob hope could've made that in a golf cart! sheesh. lol

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
What Size imp. do you have in that thing???
I have a buddy that has a Det. Jack imp. that i wanna say is a B and wants to get rid of it, I might be able to pull a favor and hook a Ninja up, if neeed be?
Call a brutha [email protected] the house, Headin 2 yuma in da morning, had alot on me plate this evening! lol
Not much happening tonight anyways!...hell Jimmy Dodd aint even there tonight!
T-bag!
BTW the scoop is painted in completion and on the boat at this point! lol
and the boat is dialed for a family truckster! lol
He said family truckster! lol:D

·
love them squaw
78 Posts
I finally figured out why my turd would not run like it did on the forth of july. .

what do ya do when ya got a turd, kickapoo to the curb!!!!! :)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a buddy that has a Det. Jack imp. that i wanna say is a B and wants to get rid of it, I might be able to pull a favor and hook a Ninja up, if neeed be?
Call a brutha [email protected] the house, Headin 2 yuma in da morning, had alot on me plate this evening! lol
T-bag!
Detailed A, I think i wanna try an A/B and get the full potential out of the engine.

So what your saying is, Juzzy didnt take the day off and she told you when your leaving . Right? lol

·
Razor Wire Militia
741 Posts
T-bag!

c'mon hook a ***** up and post a pic of that scoop....... does that mean mine is done as well :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts