Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the lake this morning and while cruisin across about 60 or so a wake board cut in front of me i caught his wake and was in the air before i knew it. well pump came out of the water and thats all she wrote time for a new motor an msd box is goin on as well lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i lifted but it wasnt fast enough i guess it started knockin real bad from the top end blew the breathers and the dipstick out and started spewin oil everywhere

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Damn wake board boats......granted...a rev limiter is cheap insurance but still.......
I still don't understand this wake board thing.....a sport that
is best done in smooth water pulled by a boat 1/2 full of water
so it will will make a big wave?

·
Positive Vibration
427 Posts
Damn wake board boats......granted...a rev limiter is cheap insurance but still.......
I still don't understand this wake board thing.....a sport that
is best done in smooth water pulled by a boat 1/2 full of water
so it will will make a big wave?
And most of the wakeboarders don't understand why we dump all this $ in a boat that goes fast and burns lots of gas. I love wakeboarding and also have a fast boat. Gotta educate the "newer" boaters out there about ETHICS in taking care of the lake or river and there are others enjoying it as well. Seems many have the I don't give a s**t attitude unfortunately.

Sucks to hear about your mishap. I would be pissed too. Time to build it better and faster for next year.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
And most of the wakeboarders don't understand why we dump all this $ in a boat that goes fast and burns lots of gas. I love wakeboarding and also have a fast boat. Gotta educate the "newer" boaters out there about ETHICS in taking care of the lake or river and there are others enjoying it as well. Seems many have the I don't give a s**t attitude unfortunately.

Sucks to hear about your mishap. I would be pissed too. Time to build it better and faster for next year.
Me mishap? Oh..the flaming red hydro deal. lol Next year? I've been up for 3 months now...fighting some mechanical issues because of budget limitations with a same kind same color deal that should be good for another 25 mph. Are you the one that ended up with the orange:))eek:)) sanger hydro?:wink2:

·
Administrator
16,875 Posts
Those wake board boats make a huge wake. The bigger the wake the better the wake boarding. Just like surfing.

Sorry dude rev limiter gets my vote. If not the engine then then the pump from the load unload.

·
Registered
8 Posts
And most of the wakeboarders don't understand why we dump all this $ in a boat that goes fast and burns lots of gas. I love wakeboarding and also have a fast boat. Gotta educate the "newer" boaters out there about ETHICS in taking care of the lake or river and there are others enjoying it as well. Seems many have the I don't give a s**t attitude unfortunately.Sucks to hear about your mishap. I would be pissed too. Time to build it better and faster for next year.
Educate the newer boaters is right. Most wakeboard boats are ski tournament boats with a tower and wake enhancement devices that are deployable. They don't roll around with their ballast tanks full unless they are wakeboarding. I have a jet boat and a wakeboard boat, so i know both worlds. Who wants to complain about the guys disregarding no wake signs and trying to blast a working platform with thier rooster tails? Ethics?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Educate the newer boaters is right. Most wakeboard boats are ski tournament boats with a tower and wake enhancement devices that are deployable. They don't roll around with their ballast tanks full unless they are wakeboarding. I have a jet boat and a wakeboard boat, so i know both worlds. Who wants to complain about the guys disregarding no wake signs and
HTML:
 trying to blast a working platform with thier rooster tails? Ethics?[/QUOTE]
Ya, I'm sure this happens daily on every lake/river around the state/country world etc. as just as does the conscious/unconscious, inconsiderate, asshole
bladder boat phuks that act as though it's everyone elses problem if they don't like the wake they produce. If that's the case then I guess it's their problem if my 90mph rooster tail cleanses them of their asshole attitude. :|err:happy:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have always had a problem with wake board boats - mainly when they are creating a large wake and not even towing anyone. Forget about the time one of them tried to ram a buddy of mine. But I did have an experience this weekend that surprised me. I was driving down river from Lost Lake and coming up river was a wake board boat. Once the driver saw me he slowed to an idle, resulting in me having smooth water by the time I passed him and once I did he got on the throttle and resumed his course. I couldn't believe it - Guy actully took a few seconds out of his normal driving so a smaller boat like mine didn't get beat to sh!t. Hat's off to the driver, guy understands.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
All boats have there day! Wake board boats(and jet skis) seem to want to run back and forth in front of spectators(AKA) beached or docked boats small to large! And the people trying to keep there boats from touching,hitting,banging or thrashing against each others boats! Not all but alot of the wake boat owners are NEW to the sport of boating and don't know any rules.! And as said earler don't give a rats azz!

Something I don't see as much as I used to is water sking! At least they pass once in awhile!

·
Positive Vibration
427 Posts
Me mishap? Oh..the flaming red hydro deal. lol Next year? I've been up for 3 months now...fighting some mechanical issues because of budget limitations with a same kind same color deal that should be good for another 25 mph. Are you the one that ended up with the orange:))eek:)) sanger hydro?:wink2:
I meant the guy who blew up his motor from launching off the wake. Your fire sucked too and glad you were able to get back out. Something I hope I never deal with. No Sanger hydro for me, although I'd like one someday. Just my Daytona with a blown up motor. :))ThumbsDwn

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Whats funny is that they think all the people standing on on the beach are wanting to watch them, same with jetski/waverunner guys. Little do they know that those people are waiting for them to go away so a guy can make a pass or a couple guys can race. When i used to run Parker i had this problem constantly. Would be paired up with a guy and we would be sitting their waiting for these guys to go away. Funniest time was when the crowd at foxes started yelling at them, then finally a jetskier went up to them and told them to go away. What really gets me about these boats is that people are wake boarding behind them and don't need them, they can barely carve let alone hit a 3 foot wake. Just like jetski/waverunners their are good guys out their who are smart and are curtious, but the majority of them are idiots.

Rev limiters are a must in a jet boat in my opinion.

·
Positive Vibration
427 Posts
You nailed it Shaun!

I've had pro's ride behind my little Sanger DXII and with 600#s in it. Daniel Doud nailed a 720 and Shelby Kantar went through her whole book of tricks. Inverted high 5's while riding doubles etc. You name it, they did it. That's a knee high wake in the pocket not a 4' ramp. Stacking 4000# + in a boat that you can barely get wake to wake in is PRO POSER to say the least. If you can't get wake to wake without ballast you need to take some lessons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[/HTML]Ya, I'm sure this happens daily on every lake/river around the state/country world etc. as just as does the conscious/unconscious, inconsiderate, asshole bladder boat phuks that act as though it's everyone elses problem if they don't like the wake they produce. If that's the case then I guess it's their problem if my 90mph rooster tail cleanses them of their asshole attitude. :|err:happy: ,
Why so angry? I have never seen an asshole bladder boat phuk between lost lake and bluewater lagoon. Do you think it's ok to hit that working platform that they are using to build the bridge?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts