Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Welcome to the value of the Obama dollar. Some things like oil are the first things to jump. Then food. In time everything else does. Its not even close to topped out. Male a note of what you're paying for gasoline, meat, dairy, and even most agriculture now, and when we are finally free of this prick, and you see. Look at the prices from the time he took office and when he leaves, and you see the full damage of what he has done. Making double sure to compare the cost of health care.
R&J and CVX must be so proud of their marxist.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
141 Posts
beef prices...

i know we just bought a tri tip beef roast at 3.99 a lb and said that was a deal .. the price has gone up a ton .. :))ThumbsDwn:bangmyhead:

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
9 months with out food, what were you on a obummernomics hunger strike.:shock:
I didn't normally do the shopping 4 months ago someone else did, and since then I've pretty much eaten out, been on company travel or not at all for the most part (sometimes I eat once a day).

When I was in college, there is stuff that was half price of what it is now and that was only 3.25 years ago!

I don't really have the motivation to cook for one. It's no fun, so that is a big part of it. With company travel I don't want what food I have spoil either.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
It's crazy. And hard to keep track of because of so many items. So I've been watching just one. The cheapest thing in the store and something I buy pretty much every trip. Limes.

A year or so ago they were 5 cents each. I could buy 10 for 50 cents. A couple months ago, they were 10 cents. This weekend my 10 limes were up to $2. WTF?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
It's crazy. And hard to keep track of because of so many items. So I've been watching just one. The cheapest thing in the store and something I buy pretty much every trip. Limes.

A year or so ago they were 5 cents each. I could buy 10 for 50 cents. A couple months ago, they were 10 cents. This weekend my 10 limes were up to $2. WTF?
The only thing you can buy 10 of with a dollar since Obama took office is dimes, not limes.
But hey, you can still get 100 pennies for a buck too!:)devil

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanted to make a batch of beef stroganoff but the prices of beef made it like a $18-20 dollar batch. A few years ago it was $9-12.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Prices are quite depressing.

What's the deal with beef, chicken and spice prices?
Yup, stuff is way up. And this why seniors are complaining about the COLA calculations.
Feed cost is up. The value of the dollar is down, gas is up, and gas is used in growing and transporting food.
And my local prices are up since Alberston's went out of biz, no competition.
BTW, chicken wings are up. But chicken breasts, strangely, are pretty cheap, $2/lb if you buy 5 lbs at Walmart. What does a single guy do with 5 lbs? I dunno. :D

·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, stuff is way up. And this why seniors are complaining about the COLA calculations.
Feed cost is up. The value of the dollar is down, gas is up, and gas is used in growing and transporting food.
And my local prices are up since Alberston's went out of biz, no competition.
BTW, chicken wings are up. But chicken breasts, strangely, are pretty cheap, $2/lb if you buy 5 lbs at Walmart. What does a single guy do with 5 lbs? I dunno. :D
Chicken in small quantities was $5.99 a pound. I had to get 6 prepackaged breasts at like $3.99/lb. I freeze them and I also have a vacuum bag system deal for other stuff.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
I wanted to make a batch of beef stroganoff but the prices of beef made it like a $18-20 dollar batch. A few years ago it was $9-12.
heck, that's hardly even double. what's the problem? just a bump in the road.

you should probably start a "thanks ovomit" thread....

·
Registered
499 Posts
And don't forgt to thank your local environmentalists and Boxer and Feinstein for cutting water off to central California, where most of the west coast produce was planted and harvested.... Now produce has to come from further away....
No food, but they saved the NON-NATIVE Delta smelt..... Way to go geniuses!!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
There are a few on this board that can remember when we could go to the locale pharmacy or store and get a bottle of Coke, Pepsi or RC Cola a candy bar and a roll of Neco wafflers for a quarter. Any one remember this????BBD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts