Performance Boats Forum banner

West Coast PRO MOD Race Teams

[Announcment] 
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PM 654 
#1 ·
Calling out Pro Mod drivers or aspiring Pro Mod drivers. Over the past few years, events and racing opportunities have been declining from the West Coast Racer's. The boat count for those of us who can still make some events has also followed suit with a declining boat count. Not so long ago it was common to see a 12 to 16 boat field at most events. The finals would bring out upwards of 30 boats. With the state of the economy it has forced many of us to stay at home, as the expense to race was far outweighing the possible return. I am looking for some feedback to help turn this around. I would like to hear from race teams that are interested in joining the effort to create a West Coast Pro Mod Program that will provide its own competition, sponsorship and prize fund money. It may work something like this.... for events we use the established Racing Associations of the NJBA & CDBA (others would be considered) and select which events we would want to make part of our 8 or 10 race series. Establish a point system and take the highest points you earn out of 6 or 8 of those selected events to Crown a West Coast Pro Mod Champion. All the racers would have a voice in the program and their efforts would go directly to the members to promote this class only. It would be a non-profit deal with all the monies returned to the members in the form of prize money pay-outs. There are many details that need to be worked out with the Racing Associations we select, but I have reached out to some of the NJBA board member’s and they are receptive to the idea. If I can get enough feedback I will reach out to the CDBA or others to pursue what is required to make this program work for our class. All ideas are open for discussion and any help to organize our program will be welcomed. Over the years I have raced against a lot of great race teams in the class. The Competition will be strong but fair. Let's work together to make it financially feasible and rewarding to run our rigs. I know there are boats out there sitting idle. What will it take to bring you out? Let me hear from you soon, as the 2012 season is about to get started.

Email me at GMBauer@prodigy.net

Gary Bauer
Pro-Mod 654

See less See more
#3 ·
Just to let you know the CDBA and NJBA have made a agreement that our memberships are good at both Assoc. for all the races. If any of you race at CDBA you will be listed in our points and I'm pretty sure the same would apply with NJBA. So you already have the points being recorded for ya.

#4 ·
Thanks for the input fastvdriver. I did talk with Jeff Green of the CDBA to confirm. This is great news to make it affordable for all. It was my next hurdle to get this accomplished, now that this has been done by several smart board members of these associations I can move forward trying to get enough of a boat count to actually make it profitable to race this class. Lets hear from some racers!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.