Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Took longer than I planned but went from this

To This

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice Job. I read the build thread.. :D always just a little more then I'm done... lol Now go out and have some fun. :)devil

Oh and a few pics of it on the water would be cool.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
:)devil:)devil:)devil

Great job Chaz! Can't believe you got all that done already. You're making me look like an old slow puss (which I am but not need to point it out).

Congrats and enjoy.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, it was kind of fun today at the lake. We all know a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at the office. I was very happy with my work to the bottom of the boat, it really seemed to smooth out the ride. I just need to figure out how to make the engine run correctly again. I lost 1000 RPM's and a lot of speed with a rebuilt pump and an altitude of 5100ft(ran in San Diego before) Everyone I talked to here said it would not run well at this altitude but I did not expect popping(like a flag blowing in high wind) and some backfiring. Plus the plugs a very brown now. I also noticed that it got MUCH worse when I ran in mild chop. Any ideas or advice would be great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Engine problem is solved:)devil

This is from Sunday

Didn't blow up real good, but I got a shot of a Bald Eagle catching a trout:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chaz, Don't it feel good??
My level of happiness went from about a 3 to maybe 9.5 when I finally was able to step on the gas and feel the 500 HP push me back in the seat:D

Now I can only imagine having enough speed to win "river races" will push that number any higher:|err

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is Anteploe Lake, Plumas county I think. Has a nasty grade to get to it but the road is paved and the lake was almost empty for it's busiest weekend:D

I was told the water cop there doesn't like OT exhaust but he never showed and I saw 2 other jet boats with OT.

From the 3 lakes I tried this weekend, this was my favorite(Eagle, Almanor, and Antelope) it's not very big, but with no other traffic it is calm water and has many "private" sandy beach areas to hang out. There is campground at one end also, but I have not checked it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picture in my avitar is El Capitan in the San Deigo area. The picture from Sunday is a little choppy from the wind that decided to pick up that afternoon. By 5 it was back to near glass. The water is quite clear here also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts