Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine (.040 over 390 FE) is running 10:1 flat tops and the cam has a decent overlap. I am thinking about supercharging it but am pretty sure with my compression I'll have to underdrive it and keep the boost down. What are my options with this engine, or do I need to stay NA?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My engine (.040 over 390 FE) is running 10:1 flat tops and the cam has a decent overlap. I am thinking about supercharging it but am pretty sure with my compression I'll have to underdrive it and keep the boost down. What are my options with this engine, or do I need to stay NA?
IMO...the comp is ok...i run 11:1 on my blown BBC 427 with n/p...i run a 6-71 5% under-drive...makes good power & lives!...u need to get a cam that will match everything u have (heads, ign, exhaust etc)...cstraub here on the boards grinds cams for all apps...talk to him, he will steer u in the rite direction...what kind of blower?...what propelsion system...jet or v-drive?...what do u want to do with the boat?...a used manif may be hard to find for a decent price!...blower parts are out there (idler brkt, idler pulley, pulleys, belts etc)...this is just my .02 cents...if i can be of any help, just hollar :)

FastRat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts