Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drain plugs with the rubber flaps or whatever...the ones you leave in and drain by them selves. Are there different types....better than otheres exc.

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
i need 3 of them i took off these 3 cuz they were dried out..you can see the old blue color of the boat....

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
They are called J drains. Rex has them.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
We have them in billet aluminum and the stock plastic.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
drains

I believe j.d.a was the oringale mfg. In so ca. I've used them since the 70's. I've always backed them up with a plug if i left the boat in the water overnite, any lil piece will hold them open. My 2 cents. Andy p.s. Give rex a call

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
JDA stood for the original owner, John David Annin, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
I will be down to pick up 3 of them tues/weds mike..

·
Flatties.......What else?
1,009 Posts
JDA stood for the original owner, John David Annin, if I'm not mistaken.
You are correct Mike. He sold the business about 4 years ago. He raced unblown fuel flats back in the day. Whisker Biscuit was the name of his boats.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Do those really seal up when you're sitting??????????? Like....leave you're boat in the water overnight and no prob?? Seriously??

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Garbage!
I just threw 6 of those away. No joke.
I would never trust a little rubber flap to keep my investment above water. Unless of course you have a boat that sits on the trailer all day. But then if that's the case why have anything at all?

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Those are called "boat sinkers"
I've got several spares you can have for free.

·
139 Posts
I've always heard them called scuppers. Maybe they are only called scuppers when they are placed above the waterline like on a fishing boat.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts