Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water weasel, willy, something like that?

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
It's a water puppy

·
Registered
829 Posts
I didnt think about putting bilge pumps on the outside tunnels, but after this weekend, i will be ordering some. with a lot of pumps making currents, i got a few gallons on each gunnel. the two in the bigle worked like a dream though. also a splash guard is a must. :D

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have just one pump in the center and J drains on the outsides, works great!!

Travis

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I did the one pump in the center and j drains on the outside but you really need to keep up on rebuilding the drains every season as the rubber deteriorates and does not seal well. The pumps on the outsides can pump into the middle pod. WHen fighting wakes it is better to have the pumps because the j drains require you to be moving to drain.

Cy

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
that looks the same as the harbor freight one, is it better because its a different manufacturer

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I had good luck with the HF pump in the jet. I just replaced the bearing in the WP, Going to run it in the flat. I'ved had both apart and can't see where one is better than the other.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Yhat water puppy looks like not a bad option. I would use it to drain my oil too. Probably would help lubricate the vanes.

Cy

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Can those water puppies run dry with out damage?
Copied from the website-
D.C. Flexible Impeller Pumps

For a really dry bilge JABSCO flexible impeller pumps self-prime rapidly from dry, can handle moderate amounts of suspended solid matter, and will maintain their flow rate against discharge heads of several metres. While they are not as quiet as submersibles, taking more current for less flow at low heads, they are robust, fully serviceable, and, unlike submersibles, able to pump the bilge dry almost to the last drop.Recent Jabsco impeller pump models have built-in dry running protection (pictured above). For details key 'Utility' in the search box on the right of this page.Even without built-in protection in the pump itself, extended protection against dry-running damage to the impeller can be secured by attention to the configuration of the discharge pipe from the pump. For technical assistance contact us with details of your proposed installation.
- No Jabsco pump should be used for petrol, solvents or any liquid with a flash point below 37oC( 98oF)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I bought 1 of these harbor freight pos pumps, they pump hella slow and mine lasted 3 outings and the fourth time out had no pump at all
Everything at Harbor Freight is designed for single use.
If you got 3 trips, consider it a bonus.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts