Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I might be looking at this boat in the next few days but he doesn’t know what model it is. Says it’s about 18 feet and it’s a hondo from the 70s

here are some photos:

I think it may be a runner bottom?

Attachments

·
Just Me
4,099 Posts
It is definitely not a runner bottom. Depending on the year in the 70s it might have a hin number. That would most likely be on the rear upper right of the transom. It has most likely been painted over if it is there. For now just look for the depression in the paint and see if anything is distinguishable.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree with Paul, Hallett. Raised deck line and round transom. We have had one in the family for probably 40 years now. I lost a ton of files, this is the only pic I have of the Hallett
HALLETT DECK.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Paul, Hallett. Raised deck line and round transom. We have had one in the family for probably 40 years now. I lost a ton of files, this is the only pic I have of the Hallett View attachment 1043872
yep that sure looks like it. Was it a good boat? Is it worth me spending some time and money making it all nice again? I don’t have any family that would want to go out in the boat so it would be primarily for racing. Is it a good hull for that? I’m very new to v drives and performance boats in general.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And is it a valuable boat? I will most likely have to put quite a bit of money into it to get it going again. It has no engine but otherwise complete, no cracks and the stringers are good. The guy wants 1300 bucks for it and it comes on a single axle trailer.

·
Village Idiot
3,545 Posts
It is a Great Lake ski boat. I we still have our that I grew up skiing behind. They are a little too heavy for racing and the bottom design is not really that high tech. If you want to circle races or drag race And be competitive then I would look elsewhere. When you are done rebuilding it, it’s value will be about half of the money that you put in it. That goes for just about any v-drive boat. We love them, but that is the sad truth. They are a labor of love.

Paul

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
you cant find ol flats any more hot comodity....grab them all ....what i used to grab for a grand hve all gone up to 2500...there hard to find now,,,

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
take that ol v drive restore it out run those jet boats .. and have fun mine is old but fast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts