Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some valuable input and the folks on PB are my ideal want for customer's.

I own Outlaw Audio & Video, I just opened it in October. We do Dishnetwork, DirecTV, home and car a/v.

I am proud to have just moved and upgraded my shop after being open for 6 months, but my dilema is that my new shop is a little ways from the popular spots in town.

My shop is in central Ca. so I doubt I will see a bunch of you as customers, but the input is very appreciated

I have waisted so much $$$ is advertising its nuts.

My main push at the moment is Dish Network and Directv with custom installation of home theater.

So my questions is, what catches your eye, and what media medium do you frequent? Paper, TV, radio, little circular magazines, flier on the door?

Thanks in advance
Jason

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Get a nice looking website that loads quick. If I'm shopping for something I google it first. I don't wait for a site to load. And I want to know who carries what before I go driving around town.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I'm learning some pretty cool stuff right now about it.
A mix of SEO and social networking like Squidoo, Facebook, Google and many others, and intergrating them all.

Google local business center is also a great, free resource.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Yahoo local. A lot of people use yahoo local to look for audio shops. They have reviews on there about business that anyone can give and read. Make sure your listed and have good reviews. Half the time people who own the business make the reviews Im sure.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Definitely get a professional looking web site and have it listed on Google. Also, part of your advertising budget should include "search engine optimization" which basically get's your site up into the first few pages when someone does a search. Online is growing every year and a lot of advertising agencies are shifting more of their traditional budget (tv, radio, newspaper, magazine) over to the interactive space!

Good luck and I hope you make your new business a great success!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I read an article (which i Can't find) about the Ben & Jerry 'Free Scoop" day and the different ways they advertised it.

One year the bought a Superbowl ad for major dollars and got 9 million website hits.

The next year they spent a fraction of the Superbowl ad amount and advertised it using various social networks. It returned 51 million websites hits.

·
Banned
4,833 Posts
Word of mouth from people that have actually tried and like the product. Anybody with the right marketing team can create an ad that makes shit look good, but in the end, it's still shit.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
Try viral MySpace, Facebook, and Craigslist sites. Also, list your stuff on eBay, many people, myself included, shop there first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.