Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We chose deck boat as we often have more than 6 riders and it provides sleeping space for the furry ones. :)

Insurance was cheaper, and we have a cruiser for overnights.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
We really went back and forth between the 26 deckboat and the 27 shadow with an open bow. We liked the easy access of the deck but we felt more comfortable with the deeper bow seating in the 27. If you don't carry a crew the closed bows look sweet. Always a tough choice. I've always thought it would be cool if they could save the piece that they cut out for an open bow and use it like a tonneau cover for when you want the bow closed :)bulb

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
We've got a closed bow, an open bow, and a deck boat. The deck boat gets most of the use because it is so easy to use - although it is much larger, the visibility is much improved, and there are more facilities and acouterments onboard.

The closed bow was the first, very little room for people. Next was the open bow. Better, but hard to get in and out of on the dock. The deck boat - no problem, get in by various methods. Plus, we can now carry an EZ up, BBQ, chairs, coolers, and 14 kids.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
I couldn't make up my mind so It was one deck and one v with a cabin and ac :D

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Oh, and what's that green stuff by the lake? Did you paint that? LOL

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I had a nordic 25 rage and i hated getting in and out of that boat. Got the deck boat for the smoother ride and the ease of getting in and out. Plus it holds everything you need.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
I have had several Daytonas previoulsy and 29 Lavey V bottom closed bow. We now have the deck boat and it is just all around more family functional then the previous boats that I have owned. We like the room, ease of boarding, BBQ, storage, performance, etc...just fits our needs perfectly.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
My 24' Carlson was a closed bow boat. Deck boats aren't common here in Texas.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
We really went back and forth between the 26 deckboat and the 27 shadow with an open bow. We liked the easy access of the deck but we felt more comfortable with the deeper bow seating in the 27. If you don't carry a crew the closed bows look sweet. Always a tough choice. I've always thought it would be cool if they could save the piece that they cut out for an open bow and use it like a tonneau cover for when you want the bow closed :)bulb
Eliminator had one boat at the LA boat show that had this feature. ;)

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
just went to an open bow for the first time, love the room. Only drawback, more people on the boat, sure it nice to relax with friends and family but "hauling the mail days" are few and far between. I guess not everyone likes to go fast.:D

Biggest luxury with a deck or open bow, cleaning the boat. You have more interior to clean but it is much easier to clean then climbing on a slippery bow. :)bulb

If i was a single guy, i would be all over a closed bow rocket... Considering family and my newborn son, open bow has been perfect....

Good Luck....:)devil

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Yeah, but does it raise straight up on hydraulic rams to double as a bimini top and can it be removed and turned over to be towed as a giant knee board, I did'nt think so. :D
lol....Now were talking:)devil:D

Don't forget diving platform/VIP lounge/Observation tower:D

·
Registered
852 Posts
I bought my current boat (34' closed bow V bottom) for running in the ocean and doing poker runs in Havasu form time to time. Now that I have moved to Az, the boat works OK for going to the lake, but it's a bit of overkill. If the boat market wasn't so bad right now, I'd probably look to sell my boat and get into a deckboat.

For the time being, I'll just hang onto my boat and enjoy it. I'm pulling a couple of skiers in the Catalina Ski Race in a couple of weeks - can't do that in a deckboat!! :p

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Went closed bow because I prefer the look and because I can't enjoy myself with more then 4 other people in the boat. :p

·
Too Late!
110 Posts
My 24' Carlson was a closed bow boat. Deck boats aren't common here in Texas.
Same here in New Mexico, but that's a small part of the reason to have purchased a Deck :D

I've got a family of 5 and the kids like to take their friends as do we... so we need the space... and the ease of getting on and off at/near the beach is the bomb! With the bigger motor, it makes it an excellent all around boat. Am not near the ocean but if I were and wanted to take her out there, I'd would have reconsidered and went closed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts