Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,

After a long, fun, safe weekend wakeboarding and tubing with friends my weekend came to a end after my buddy allowed my ski rope to get sucked in to my jet intake :)st

How he allow it to happen, I dont know but its in there and I dont know where to begin?

I dove in the water and try to pull it out but no luck, after paddling a few hundred yards we finally got the boat out and its now sitting in my garage.

Now my question is where do I begin??? any suggestions, and this common?

Thank yall.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Gentleman,

After a long, fun, safe weekend wakeboarding and tubing with friends my weekend came to a end after my buddy allowed my ski rope to get sucked in to my jet intake :)st

How he allow it to happen, I dont know but its in there and I dont know where to begin?

I dove in the water and try to pull it out but no luck, after paddling a few hundred yards we finally got the boat out and its now sitting in my garage.

Now my question is where do I begin??? any suggestions, and this common?

Thank yall.
open up the hand hole and start cutting the rope away.

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
That sucks.

My beautiful wife which I love so much did the same.

I was in town collecting some stuff, they took the hand hole cover off while the boat was still in the water. Imagine my surprise coming back and all I could see was the nose of the boat sticking out the water.

She was banned from driving my boat:D

Now she suck up ski ropes with the RXP215 Seadoo I bought her. I don't cut the ropes off any more, did it once - they learn real quick.

Wikus

·
Registered
246 Posts
That sucks.

My beautiful wife which I love so much did the same.

I was in town collecting some stuff, they took the hand hole cover off while the boat was still in the water. Imagine my surprise coming back and all I could see was the nose of the boat sticking out the water.

She was banned from driving my boat:D

Now she suck up ski ropes with the RXP215 Seadoo I bought her. I don't cut the ropes off any more, did it once - they learn real quick.

Wikus

dang that sucks! Hope the EPA didnt hit you with a fine ;)

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
dang that sucks! Hope the EPA didnt hit you with a fine ;)
We don't have EPA, I see the Water Police maybe once every 2 years:D

At least I have an excuse now when I spent money on the boat, I just remind her of that fateful day she made a submarine out of my boat.:)devil

Wikus

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thank yall, and YES it was depressing specially after that was their ONLY duty, To make sure the $50 rope wasnt goin to get Sucked in :mad:.

I will start hacking away, again thank yall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it was :mad:

and I guess we dont have that problem here in Texarkana witht the EPA. Maybe yall are to send them this way because our lake here is ROUGH!!!! if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yes it was :mad:

and I guess we dont have that problem here in Texarkana witht the EPA. Maybe yall are to send them this way because our lake here is ROUGH!!!! if you know what I mean.
as an aside Every boat should have a small sharp knife on board at all times along with PFDs , horn , fire extinguisher etc ..

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Why couldnt you keep a water hose handy and use a propanre torch. Ski rope will just fall apart as soon as the torch hits it. Guess it depends on how much rope is in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, a long knife should do it, even tho the torch idea would be nice :D the rope is a synthetic wakeboard rope and I honestly think there is 75ft worth in there so it should be fun. I do appreciate yall thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts