Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get the engine in the works I want to make sure I have all my cookies in a jar. Help me compile a list of what I need so I can start ordering parts. a 650HP BBC Swap. 1971 Chevelle, built TH400 Trans, 12 Bolt with Posi and 3.55 gears, Lakewood lift bars, rear stabalizer so far I know I need this following, but having a brain fart

*Already have solid Motor Mounts
Torque Converter
4 Core Radiator
Twin Electric Fans
Pulleys/Brackets
Headers
U-Joint upgrade
New shocks and coil springs (need anyways)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what happened with the stroker sbc ?
NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT :D

We have the 502, but I want to R & D a new build to sell so were going to build a 505 or 510ci, 4340 forged bottom end, Profiler Heads, either a Sniper Intake or Edel Victor R manifold.

Once its in im going to lay down some 1/8 and 1/4 mile numbers for the Team Chevelle website as well. :)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT :D

We have the 502, but I want to R & D a new build to sell so were going to build a 505 or 510ci, 4340 forged bottom end, Profiler Heads, either a Sniper Intake or Edel Victor R manifold.

Once its in im going to lay down some 1/8 and 1/4 mile numbers for the Team Chevelle website as well. :)devil
yes there is, we folks from okla. call it BOOST:D the bs'n we did awhile back when you 1st got the car put ideas in my head bout a big hp sbc, and my bigggg turbo for my sbc came in today:)devil:D

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
fuel pump , bigger lines, tranny cooler , I would upgrade the axles in that rearend , you will have to do some work to get it to hook up - those chevelles are chanllenging at times to bite . I would also stiffen up the chassis a lil so you don't pancake the car . To help us out - what are you going to use the car for ?

Before I get the engine in the works I want to make sure I have all my cookies in a jar. Help me compile a list of what I need so I can start ordering parts. a 650HP BBC Swap. 1971 Chevelle, built TH400 Trans, 12 Bolt with Posi and 3.55 gears, Lakewood lift bars, rear stabalizer so far I know I need this following, but having a brain fart

Torque Converter
4 Core Radiator
Twin Electric Fans
Pulleys/Brackets
Headers
U-Joint upgrade

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Don't forget your solid tranny mount - Or you will be very unhappy :D

Torque Converter
4 Core Radiator
Twin Electric Fans
Pulleys/Brackets
Headers
U-Joint upgrade

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes there is, we folks from okla. call it BOOST:D the bs'n we did awhile back when you 1st got the car put ideas in my head bout a big hp sbc, and my bigggg turbo for my sbc came in today:)devil:D
Nice...that should be damn bitchen!!!! :D I want the sbc but this will kill a few birds with one stone...and I dont mind.

It is going to be a Street Strip car. About 70% Street 30% strip. I havent checked to see if it was a C clip rear end or not...I was just gonna run it till she went and have Currie build me up a nice 9 inch. I will also be running some M/T Street Radials :)devil

·
Registered
4,045 Posts

Torque Converter
4 Core Radiator
Twin Electric Fans
Pulleys/Brackets
Headers
U-Joint upgrade

Springs? What brand? I used Moroso Trick front and rear had good luck with them! It's a blast to drive out of the hole on one RR Tire! LOL! Rollcage will help the twist problem! 79 malibu 3300# car 1.24 60ft. times 6.30 118-122 MPH 1/8 mile all stock car! 468BBC 725-750hp, springs F/R and 8.5 456 10bolt rear no C clips and prayed it would holdup! Have Fun! WT:)devil

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
The edelbrock bars seem to work alot better than the lakewood stuff.
Cheap 50/50 shocks and a anti roll bar and your gona have no problems. Anti roll bar bit of a pain to put in one of those but work absolutly awesome. No more air bags which are just a bandaid anyways.

Got a converter you would probably really like.

Buy the motor mounts made by all star... much stonger than the pos moroso bent and splitting in half ones.

·
Distinguished Member
5,771 Posts
......It is going to be a Street Strip car. About 70% Street 30% strip. I havent checked to see if it was a C clip rear end or not...I was just gonna run it till she went and have Currie build me up a nice 9 inch. :)devil
Bad idea man. When a c'clip rear end fails, the axle pulls out and bad things happen with the rear wheel. A Curry or Chassis works RE is the best idea, but if your out of $$$ at least upgrade the axles in the 12 bolt.
Good luck

·
Distinguished Member
5,771 Posts
Sure there is, Nascar runs small blocks that are pushing 800 hp. Obviously you can get much more from a 502 but how much do you really need. You should be able to get what you want out of a small block.
What Nascar motors lack in displacement they more than make up for in $$$. Cup motors are insanely expensive.
We ran small blocks when we raced NHRA and it's pretty easy to build a 650+ HP SBC. However, the same $$ will easily get you 850+ in a BBC. In a heavy street car like a Chevelle, a BBC is the only way to go. Been there, done that.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I am doing a "just fix it up" on a disaster right now I can take a pic of the suspension I am trying to make something of. Something like your package is usualy good for a 1.45 ish 60ft with no transbrake on a 28x9 tire. Its a 66 but pretty much same parts.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
ya and out of a bigblock you can pull 1600 whats your point
Sure there is, Nascar runs small blocks that are pushing 800 hp. Obviously you can get much more from a 502 but how much do you really need. You should be able to get what you want out of a small block.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Springs? What brand? I used Moroso Trick front and rear had good luck with them! It's a blast to drive out of the hole on one RR Tire! LOL! Rollcage will help the twist problem! 79 malibu 3300# car 1.24 60ft. times 6.30 118-122 MPH 1/8 mile all stock car! 468BBC 725-750hp, springs F/R and 8.5 456 10bolt rear no C clips and prayed it would holdup! Have Fun! WT:)devil
I was actually looking at the Edelbrock package...especially since I can get a superb deal. Looks like an axle upgrade temporaily will be key.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah but thats when Streetability goes out the window and the price tag goes up :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So heres my list so far....may change somethings...not sure, but the jist of it...tranny and u joints started fockin up a couple days ago...so im speeding up the task! :)sphss

• Headers- Hooker Comps Ceramic Coated #2455-1HKR
  • U-Joints/1350-
  • Radiator- Northern #205026 or summit #380457
  • Electric Fans-Northern #Z40004
  • Pulleys/Brackets-not sure yet
  • MSD 6AL2 Box #6421
  • Moroso Trick Rear Springs #47500
  • Moroso Trick Front Springs #47135
  • Competition Engineering Front ADJ Shock #C2600
  • Competition Engineering Rear ADJ Shock #C2720
  • Moser Axles-
  • Moser C Clip Eliminators-