Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
there's 2 fellas on the taylor jetboat club site that are putting lsx motors in taylor sj's:)grn i've got a 6.0 alum headed longblock in my barn i wanted to put in a boat, got the complete harness and intake with all the sensors and injectors too

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Too bad its soooooo ugly!
shoot, send that longblock to be polished and put on a nice polished lsx intake and it'd be purdyyyy:D gettin headers for it may be expensive

·
Registered
219 Posts
shoot, send that longblock to be polished and put on a nice polished lsx intake and it'd be purdyyyy:D gettin headers for it may be expensive
you mean you wouldnt just drag it down to the local muffler shop and have them bend ya a pipe to weld on the manifold and run em othil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
you mean you wouldnt just drag it down to the local muffler shop and have them bend ya a pipe to weld on the manifold and run em othil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)
don't laugh, i've seen someone do that shit before:D there was a fella that showed up 4yrs ago on broken bow with a sbc with shorty headers turned upside down and the single chamber drag flowmasters bolted to them pointing out. i chuckled when the dude wanted to race my sj with the 11 to 1 bbf and 200hp shot, so we lined up, i arm my nitrous, he purges his and we leave together, by 1/2 track he's pulling away:)sphss got my ass handed to me by a sbc, when i asked what was in it, he smiled and said it was a 13.5 to 1 454sbc with a 250hp shot:D dude had MAYDAY written across the transom in ducttape on a dookie brown lite ass kona.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I think you cold kick some ass with a carbed 6.0, with twins blowin thru, in a tx 18 or texas tunnel:)devil
i'm doin a tt with a single big turbo alky blow thru 383 sbc this fall;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
IMPATIENT1, where are the pics of the TT 496?
camera got knocked outta my wife's car and ran over somehow:|err i think she laid it on her jacket in the frt seat , and when she moved the jacket to let my daughter in, it fell out then she backed over it:mad: soon as i get the new camera's software loaded on the home pc, i'll post some mock up pics.was over there on lunch building the coldside y-pipe, its gonna look nice, we used all polished alum piping.my bro in law had the exhaust pipes tiggin them up and doin the o2 bungs on em, i'm goin over there tonite after ball practice to pick them up and send off for coating(yes, i'm using embee,lol)

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
"LSA" marine engine in these boats. 545 HP, blown, intercooled and yea I'd agree , pretty ugly!

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1836

reportedly they are hitting mid 80's

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1880

And there are now several LS3 whitewater race boats kicking around too, testing for a potentially new "crate engine" class...

First race was last weekend and I didnt hear firm results but I believe the carb'd boats are hitting 100ish
Thats just sexy...............:D

·
21' Liberator Jet
523 Posts
LS engines are never going to win a beauty contest, but if the coils were mounted on the block and got some aftermarket valve covers they wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
don't laugh, i've seen someone do that shit before:D there was a fella that showed up 4yrs ago on broken bow with a sbc with shorty headers turned upside down and the single chamber drag flowmasters bolted to them pointing out. i chuckled when the dude wanted to race my sj with the 11 to 1 bbf and 200hp shot, so we lined up, i arm my nitrous, he purges his and we leave together, by 1/2 track he's pulling away:)sphss got my ass handed to me by a sbc, when i asked what was in it, he smiled and said it was a 13.5 to 1 454sbc with a 250hp shot:D dude had MAYDAY written across the transom in ducttape on a dookie brown lite ass kona.
:D my buddy has a 427" SBC in his jet. Even has logs with just a single carb sticking out of the dog house. He hurts some feelings with it sometimes.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think once people get over the hump, and let technology happen they will realize that these LS motors can have very few mods, and achieve very large #'s. I've seen 6-700 bhp with a stock bottom end.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Talk about a sleeper :)devil Wow.

S CP :D

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Purdy till it turns Al. Oxide grey in under a week.

I'll never understand the guys who want to polish Aluminum constantly, and they never seem to realize how much they have to, untill they DO it, once.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Purdy till it turns Al. Oxide grey in under a week.

I'll never understand the guys who want to polish Aluminum constantly, and they never seem to realize how much they have to, untill they DO it, once.
i'm not a fan of polishing alum but lots of fellas don't mind rubbing it out once a wk:D i have a good friend with a lsx in his firebird show car that's all polished, its a 455sbc. the whole motor is polished, intake to pan, looks badass but he stays on top of it.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Talk about a sleeper :)devil Wow.

S CP :D
same guy showed up with the same powerplant in a cp tunnel the next summer and caught me off guard again, put a hurtin on my ole sj:D i was thinkin it was the same motor when we lined up, but i didn't see the ugly headers , he'd changed hulls, and had shaved his beard:D lil stroker sbc's will just flat get it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts