Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is, Isis, Daesh, Isil … all these names … what’s right?
Is = Islamic State (english)
Isis = Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (english)
Daesh = IS supporters dislike the term Daesh as it does not spell out the crucial Islamic component. In the words of Simon Collis, the British Ambassador to Iraq: “Arabic speakers spit out the name Da’ish with different mixtures of contempt, ridicule and hostility. Da’ish is always negative.” It’s certainly entered the ever-adaptive Arabic language big time:in the plural form – “daw’aish” – it means bigots who impose their views on others.
Isil = Isil is the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant and the name the group prefers.

Now what should a POTUS call this group that we are at war with that is committed to kill everyone of us?

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Is, Isis, Daesh, Isil … all these names … what’s right?
Is = Islamic State (english)
Isis = Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (english)
Daesh = IS supporters dislike the term Daesh as it does not spell out the crucial Islamic component. In the words of Simon Collis, the British Ambassador to Iraq: “Arabic speakers spit out the name Da’ish with different mixtures of contempt, ridicule and hostility. Da’ish is always negative.” It’s certainly entered the ever-adaptive Arabic language big time:in the plural form – “daw’aish” – it means bigots who impose their views on others.
Isil = Isil is the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant and the name the group prefers.

Now what should a POTUS call this group that we are at war with that is committed to kill everyone of us?
I guess that is why out beloved President almost always calls them Isil. What a surprise:)st I guess that he can call his buddies anything he wants...

Steve

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMOHO, showing them respect for some reason.

Vlad Putin, "we will find you anywhere on earth and punish you" Russian style.

Obama, "we will bring these criminals to justice" ..... He has never brought anyone "to Justice". If he did anything he just droned them from the air. Has there been one prisoner transferred to Gitmo in the last 7 years Obama has ran the war on terror?

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I'd call them Daesh...
It's more of a derogatory term.
O uses ISIL because he doesn't like the connotation of Syria. Syria was supposed to be his legacy just like Libya (he's had a hard time finding a legacy, hasn't he). ISIL makes it seem as though they sprung from a larger area. It also denotes more of a Christian/Catholic history and less of a Muslim history, although we all know the truth. You know how O is. It's all about the wording, like in workplace violence and overseas contingency.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
IMOHO, showing them respect for some reason.

Vlad Putin, "we will find you anywhere on earth and punish you" Russian style.

Obama, "we will bring these criminals to justice" ..... He has never brought anyone "to Justice". If he did anything he just droned them from the air. Has there been one prisoner transferred to Gitmo in the last 7 years Obama has ran the war on terror?
That says a lot, doesn't it. Remember what he said about ill wisher and doers to the people of islam.

The speech I heard him say just the other day he called them ISIL. Even when a "journalist" specifically used ISIS in his question.

Daesh it is.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even Kerry calls them Daesh but not Obama. And I don't want to hear its beneath the office of the president when he does a radio show named "pimp with a limp".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts