Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much to build a boat from scratch that will do it at any lake in any weather condition?
what hull would you use?
what brand of engine?
Would you use a power adder or not?

Same questions as above...but this time lets talk about an 8 second boat.

and for the record, i've owned my boat for so long, changed it so many times and not kept reciepts that I've got no clue what I spent to go as quick as I'm going. If i did know, i'd probably be bummed about it. lol

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
how much to build a boat from scratch that will do it at any lake in any weather condition?
what hull would you use?
what brand of engine?
Would you use a power adder or not?

Same questions as above...but this time lets talk about an 8 second boat.

and for the record, i've owned my boat for so long, changed it so many times and not kept reciepts that I've got no clue what I spent to go as quick as I'm going. If i did know, i'd probably be bummed about it. lol

ALL NEW / SWAP MEET AND USED HULL AND PARTS ????:)bulb

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
So many ways to build one its a loaded question to say how much.

Gullwings are good for 9s, zach, josh and roznos to name a few have proved that, so are all the tunnels obviously. For 8s a tunnel is a must. Power adder for both, Id do nitrous just like we do now, great way to bracket race.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So many ways to build one its a loaded question to say how much.

Gullwings are good for 9s, zach, josh and roznos to name a few have proved that, so are all the tunnels obviously. For 8s a tunnel is a must. Power adder for both, Id do nitrous just like we do now, great way to bracket race.
lets say all brand new parts. no swap meet stuff.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what a does a full race dominator pump go for?

hm inducer, race prepped stainless impeller, aq shaft, race prepped bowl, popoff, droop, nozzle with inserts etc.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
lets say all brand new parts. no swap meet stuff.

STILL ... a loaded question ... who is doing the labor ... doing it your self can save BIG $$$ ...IF YOU HAVE THE SKILLS .. WHO YOU KNOW / WHERE YOU BUY PARTS ... ARE ALL FACTORS .

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
what a does a full race dominator pump go for?

hm inducer, race prepped stainless impeller, aq shaft, race prepped bowl, popoff, droop, nozzle with inserts etc.
All I can tell you is its not cheap, dont have time to add it up right now but its expensive.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
STILL ... a loaded question ... who is doing the labor ... doing it your self can save BIG $$$ ...IF YOU HAVE THE SKILLS .. WHO YOU KNOW / WHERE YOU BUY PARTS ... ARE ALL FACTORS .
you pay for labor. have a shop do the work.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
Around 75k +

hull /intake /bottom done 15 k
trailer ..............................5 k
pump .................................. 5k
pop off................................2k
motor ................................25k+
miscellaneous.....................10k
labor ..................................10k

jus off top of my head .. 1000hp + nos = 8.0

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. How much could someone save by doing all the rigging, engine building, pump assembly, wiring, plumbing etc themselves then?

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
$27,864.34...9 sec boat
$56,383.27...8 sec boat

not getting clubbed like a baby seal by starkweather last race...priceless!!!
Lol

S CP

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
If you have PPE automotive and marine do it, plan on twice the money. You give him the money to build it, he will take off with it then you have to pay someone else. Sitting down with a stack of catologs and just seeing what a standard 18 southwind would cost new would shock you as much as a race boat. I am guessing with no used parts it would be $60-75000 really fast.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts