Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just Me
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this hydraulic diverter off my spare pump. I think I'm going to throw it on the cruiser to see how it works. What else do I need other than the pump cover, gromets to run the line thru the adapter, diodes for the switch, and a longer line? I think I'm going to leave it black so it matches the other pump for now. If I keep it on the cruiser it should be an easy pump and diverter repaint. IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0200.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I have this hydraulic diverter off my spare pump. I think I'm going to throw it on the cruiser to see how it works. What else do I need other than the pump cover, gromets to run the line thru the adapter, diodes for the switch, and a longer line? I think I'm going to leave it black so it matches the other pump for now. If I keep it on the cruiser it should be an easy pump and diverter repaint. View attachment 159077 View attachment 159079
Looks like ya got pretty much everything but a bag of tools and six pack Good luck ! Tom

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
The Six pack is to celebrate sucess when you successfully complete the diverter installation (or you watch your wife do it) :D

the pictures like where Waldo , you are missing the tiny tube of lock tite Place usually sends too

·
Just Me
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, it's all together and working the way it's supposed to, finally.

I have gone from a 50MPH boat with just me, to a 52MPH boat with wife, her gf, cooler, 3 person tube and all the gotta have it honey stuff stuffed under the bow. Hoping to take it out and try it this afternoon with just me and the boat lightened up.

Leasson learned: Should have just sucked it up and bought the whole kit and got it done in one day. (Pump didn't work- ordered a new one, cylinder leaked - ordered a new one, ordered new stainless lines, new trim switch (put it all together and tested it one the trailer worked great, put it in the water didn't work, tested everything, switch had died), new steering rudder, new nozzle seal.

When the diverter works, It sure does affect the boat's attitude and how she rides. Wondering If I should set the trim tabs parallel with the keel?

If I set it full up, the boat will porpoise gently at anything less than full throttle. Turning 4600 on an A impeller with a stock 454. Maybe when the mopar goes in, I'll gain some top end. ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Did you do it yourself, or have wifey do it while you drank the six pack ? :thumb:

·
Just Me
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you do it yourself, or have wifey do it while you drank the six pack ? :thumb:
She doesn't like it when I take apart the boat that runs to work on it. So, it was all me. And no part of that six pack ever made it this way. :( It averaged 53.1 on GPS today. Had to run it both up and down river to get the average. I might have picked up an extra tenth if I could have remembered to pull the fenders in once under way. All in all, I like having the diverter as it sure makes low throttle easier to see over the bow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts