Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the "must" event for socal az area? I am in Houston TX and really want to take a trip out west.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I would have to say that either Yuma Power Tour, or the CP Regatta, just as long at its not in the current @ lost lake, everywhere else @ lost lake is the shit! but the current there is nasty on that sand/shell bar! just my thoughts on the deal!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to say that either Yuma Power Tour, or the CP Regatta, just as long at its not in the current @ lost lake, everywhere else @ lost lake is the shit! but the current there is nasty on that sand/shell bar! just my thoughts on the deal!
Yuma is in Oct correct?
When is the CP Regatta and where is lost lake located?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Idea Stu, maybe get some THB guys together and do a road trip.
I tried that last year and had no takers at all. I will post up again and see if it has changed any, but my guess would be no. That has not changed my mind I would really like to make one of the "Big" events for our hobby soon. Anyone who wants to make the trip with me is more than welcome to come, but this year even if no one else goes i am going to make a road trip and be the poor man on the water with all those bad azz sleds they have out west.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
How long a trip you talking Stu? A banzai run out for a weekend, or taking a few days & incorporate that into something going on out there?

The idea sounds fun as hell, but just have to save up some for it. Boat & truck are ready to hit the road right now, but until Obama sends my check I'm stuck running local.... :p

Yeah, poor man on the water, what the f*kk ever, lol..... ;) :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How long a trip you talking Stu? A banzai run out for a weekend, or taking a few days & incorporate that into something going on out there?

The idea sounds fun as hell, but just have to save up some for it. Boat & truck are ready to hit the road right now, but until Obama sends my check I'm stuck running local.... :p

I was thinking about when they have a weekend deal, head out of town Wed after work get there friday set up kind thing hang out for the weekend and head out either sunday eve or a$$ crack of dawn monday go back to work wed?? Still just planning :)devil

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I tried that last year and had no takers at all. I will post up again and see if it has changed any, but my guess would be no. That has not changed my mind I would really like to make one of the "Big" events for our hobby soon. Anyone who wants to make the trip with me is more than welcome to come, but this year even if no one else goes i am going to make a road trip and be the poor man on the water with all those bad azz sleds they have out west.
Make sure you post this when it gets closer to the event, I plan on making a trip to the Power tour in 2010, I can join up at El Paso or Las Cruces.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long a trip you talking Stu? A banzai run

Dude you have seen pictures of thier rides they are Trey esk in the clean department and then throw in some serious hardware and Bam west coast ride.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
I was thinking about when they have a weekend deal, head out of town Wed after work get there friday set up kind thing hang out for the weekend and head out either sunday eve or a$$ crack of dawn monday go back to work wed?? Still just planning :)devil
I hear ya, sounds doable... I dunno, get a date picked & take it from there is about all you can do. I'd like to see some of that stuff out there, it would be like going home to visit for my boat, lol....

Dude you have seen pictures of thier rides they are Trey esk in the clean department and then throw in some serious hardware and Bam west coast ride.
Yeah are you silly? I've seen pics, been seeing them for a few years now, lol... I don't think you got any worries with your boat. :rolleyes: Now me on the other hand, lol... :)sphss :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Don't be scared , there is PLENTY of ratty boats that show , they just don't make it in the pictures!:D

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah stu I hear ya ...............you got one pile of shit ;) never seen a sanger look sooooooooooo bad lol j/k'n focker ......:):)punch

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Sounds like this would be a cool trip! Long way to go for a week only! If I ever get that far out I hope I can stay for awhile!:D
Some of the boats look off the hook but there are some bad boys around here too! WT:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Sounds like this would be a cool trip! Long way to go for a week only! If I ever get that far out I hope I can stay for awhile!:D
Some of the boats look off the hook but there are some bad boys around here too! WT:)devil
need to get that south texas crowd up to broken bow for a holiday weekend, they'll forget bout draggin 2000miles then:D from the looks of it, our dragboat meets are just as big if not bigger.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
need to get that south texas crowd up to broken bow for a holiday weekend, they'll forget bout draggin 2000miles then:D from the looks of it, our dragboat meets are just as big if not bigger.
Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind as well. I've looked around some, got some killer lake facilities up there... ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts