·
"The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
The weather was crap.

big water/wind all weekend

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Blown out most of the day...saw a lot of Hallett's on trailers in town during breakfast...lots of nice folks....most said they pulled off due to the wind...
What a shame, week before was good today is glass on the lower basin.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I made a one day trip on Saturday to Boulder. Had to do a few things to the boat. It was so damn windy I thought the roof of the storage was going to blow off.

I can imagine it had to be horrible out on the lake. They were saying gusts to 40mph. Did not see that many Hallets around at all compared to past years.

Left So Cal at 6:30am and got to Boulder at 11am. Was back on the road at 1:30 and was home by 6. It blew like crazy the entire way back. Long day. Headed back for the 4th.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Talked to a hallett owner on Sunday from Texas at the gas station on their way out of town. She said their family was stuck in a cove for 6 hours waiting for the wind to die down to get back to the launch ramp and they missed the get together at the park...that really sucks........

·
"The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
The houseboat was moored up in a cove and couldn't move until today.

Damaged alot of the exterior and broke a couple welds on the upper deck canopy.

Not a good weekend.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
Sorry to hear that, if you need any help PM me...
Thanks for the offer.

It's all fixable. Just scary when you the weather picks up and you can't leave.

We didn't make it out this weekend, supposed to, but it was a big weekend nonetheless.

If we had made it we wouldn't have made it to work in Socal on Monday and that would have been bad.

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Didn't see any Halletts at my end of the lake this week-end. Waited all day in the Overton Arm to see the show
For those of us that did launch and go out in it, they moved the card stop that was supposed to be at Mid point down to the narrows, so there was no reason to go any further.

Still had a great time and always appreciate Nick and Jerry putting the Regatta on, they do a great job.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
We went out on Saturday. Middle of the lake was "no mans land" but the water flatened out around 3ish and easy running along the coast pass Boulder Beach and Hemmingway to the south side where we were protected by the mountains.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.