Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get this boat for around $400 - $500 The guy doesn't know what make it is - he thinks it's a 1966.
(says he thought the guy he bought it from said it was a California seagull?)

The motor is a 1969 440, it fires right up.(he claims the heads were redone last year)
The boat seems pretty solid, floor and stringers look good. Trailer is in pretty decent shape.

My buddy and I were thinking if nothing else, we'd buy it and part it out, any thoughts?
(I would have gotten more pics, but the batteries in my camera took a poop)

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Ya, what he said!

Also ring up old RCL. He's pretty good at ID'ng old battlewagons like this one!

(that is, if you can find him sober on a Saturday afternoon)

just sayin'.....................

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also ring up old RCL. He's pretty good at ID'ng old battlewagons like this one!

(that is, if you can find him sober on a Saturday afternoon)

just sayin'.....................
Yeah, good luck with that :)sphss

....just sayin :)hand

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm a newby to this sport,but I think it would be a shame to part it out. You could probably double your money just giving it a bath and running a few tanks of gas trough it-just to limber it up,mind you.

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
I'm a newby to this sport,but I think it would be a shame to part it out. You could probably double your money just giving it a bath and running a few tanks of gas trough it-just to limber it up,mind you.
Or quaddrupple his money by parting it out................:)devil

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Just talked to Lou, sez it's a Lave-Aqua-Sang-Guas-Hall-Bies-Aren-Reve-Mopar go fast mofo and you should get it!

Pretty sure that's what he said. (I think he'd been drinkin')

He's just sayin'...............

:)hand:)hand:)hand

·
world's oldest teenager
685 Posts
At that price just buy, you can have some fun playing with it, you know you can't have too many boats, and especially you can't have too many V-drive flat bottoms.
Have fun.

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,003 Posts
At that price just buy, you can have some fun playing with it, you know you can't have too many boats, and especially you can't have too many V-drive flat bottoms.
Have fun.
x2.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Recycle

I cannot figure why boaters would part out a good boat, especially if it is complete. I have 15 boats. Most of them have been delivered. Some are complete, less engines. Some have been stripped. Some people strip hardware. It goes to scrap yards. Why spend a day to remove 25$ worth of scrap metal?????
If you cannot find a wood deck boat you could always cut the glass deck off and build / have built a wood deck.
HARLAN ORRIN

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it had a Chev or Ford motor it would already be in the driveway

Bilge<------- don't know shit about Mopars :)sphss

:D

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
If it had a Chev or Ford motor it would already be in the driveway

Bilge<------- don't know shit about Mopars :)sphss

:D

Um, they got pistons, valves, gears, shafts, heads, stuff goes up and down and gas goes in and smelly stuff comes out and they make things move!

Now you know all you need to about Mopars!

Did ya' get it yet? Inquiring minds wanna know!

CC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.