Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
I am Roger..the Shrubber
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the people that get easily butt hurt, make the preperation-h handy prior to this read.

New2Cats- Nice rig. Blister cream and ice packs will go a long way this summer.

There was a sporty big boy boat (I won't mention the manufactuer) that had a high spot on the port side along the rub rail that stuck out almost an inch within a 8" run....I might also mention, it was not part of the design. Seriously?

I really didn't care for Eliminators deck. The front seemed funky and I could really do without canopies in a deck. Do they sell toddler ratchet straps for go fast canopy decks?

I did like Eliminators idea to make a hard cover for that non-accessible open bow. Great idea. You can have the best of both worlds. I would make a sign for the cover that reads "if you can read this, you're probably fat".

DCB should just wash their hands from decks all together. They look like they threw a rumble seat in a porsche. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw seating for 6 in a deck.

The jerky was cats ass.

1 or 2 piping chicks wandering around. Hey Mattman, did you catch that blonde when we were downstairs? She looked familiar, I think your brother nailed her back when he was douche bigalow.

Now for my questions...

How hot does a full billet swimstep get? Seems like it should have water cooled coils inside to keep from making toe tacos.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
For the people that get easily butt hurt, make the preperation-h handy prior to this read.

There was a sporty big boy boat (I won't mention the manufactuer) that had a high spot on the port side along the rub rail that stuck out almost an inch within a 8" run....I might also mention, it was not part of the design. Seriously?

I really didn't care for Eliminators deck. The front seemed funky and I could really do without canopies in a deck. Do they sell toddler ratchet straps for go fast canopy decks?

I did like Eliminators idea to make a hard cover for that non-accessible open bow. Great idea. You can have the best of both worlds. I would make a sign for the cover that reads "if you can read this, you're probably fat".

DCB should just wash their hands from decks all together. They look like they threw a rumble seat in a porsche. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw seating for 6 in a deck.

The jerky was cats ass.

1 or 2 piping chicks wandering around. Hey Mattman, did you catch that blonde when we were downstairs? She looked familiar, I think your brother nailed her back when he was douche bigalow.

Now for my questions...

How hot does a full billet swimstep get? Seems like it should have water cooled coils inside to keep from making toe tacos.
Priceless!! :D If your ever looking for a job, that pays nothing.. I'd enlist your services as a writer for my next years boat show report. :D

RD <---- anxious to get there :D

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I do not know how hot, but I will say this. I looked at the one on the
Domn8er (not knocking Domn8er they do not make the step). That step is very flimsy and unstable (wiggles alot side to side). It seems to me it would not be very supportive when climbing in out of the water. I am talking about the new pull down step mounted on the boats btw.

Mike

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts

The jerky was cats ass.

Now for my questions...

LMAO about the JERKY!!!!!!! hil:)

My billit swimsteps never got hot at all.....but it wasnt a big full step.

·
#245 ITT
233 Posts
Now for my questions...

Depends on what color it is and whether on not you get the ones with the rubber inserts in them. Mine is gold-anodized (no inserts) and does not get uncomfortably hot. No toe tacos (LMAO) yet.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I wasn't even there (don't need to be) and I know that you look at boats a lot like I do....in REALITY! I agree with you 100% on what you saw.

I think billet swim steps will only be hot when you are off the water...otherwise the water is close enough to just splash it enough...poor your beer on it..something to not have the design burned onto you permanently.

Thanks again for the review, I know I would have had the same thoughts. :)

·
I am Roger..the Shrubber
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the record, I was talking about the MONSTA sized solid billet swimsteps on the DCB's and their new MONSTA sized platform on the front. Feelin hot hot hot. Pancakes and sausage toes anyone?

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I wasn't even there (don't need to be) and I know that you look at boats a lot like I do....in REALITY! I agree with you 100% on what you saw.

I think billet swim steps will only be hot when you are off the water...otherwise the water is close enough to just splash it enough...poor your beer on it..something to not have the design burned onto you permanently.

Thanks again for the review, I know I would have had the same thoughts. :)
POUR BEER?!?!?!?! WTF!!!!!!!

Thats ALCOHOL ABUSE!!!!! :D:D

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
No kiddin', the most "toddler friendly" deck boats I saw were Laveycraft and Howard. They both had pocket doors that could block off the bow area.

I've come to the realization that some of the "Deck" boats were just cats with carpet to the bow. You can insure a "Deck" boat for $600-$700 a year, where a Cat could be over $2000

·
6,873 Posts

Are you the same guy that wrote this:

I haven't been to the gym since July of last year. I jumped on a scale last week and tipped at 231. The only times in my life I've been over 210 is when my arms were so big I couldn't touch my shoulders and when I started making pastries (you have to sample what you sell). I need to shed my winter coat. From today until St. Patty's I do declare, I am on a diet. I've been able to always drop weight in the past but now having a baby and no extra time to speak of it's going to be really rough. I know I'm not going to be anywhere near my fighting weight but as I look at this sliding scale called life it's only going to get worse. Need to start now. This sucks sweaty sack.

Seeing as the boating months are sneaking upon us, articles of clothing will dimish and I don't need my daughter saying "my daddy can eat your daddy". Anyone want to start a pool? 100-250...500 clams per person? Largest % of weight lost wins the pot.

I need motivation here people.

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
No kiddin', the most "toddler friendly" deck boats I saw were Laveycraft and Howard. They both had pocket doors that could block off the bow area.

I've come to the realization that some of the "Deck" boats were just cats with carpet to the bow. You can insure a "Deck" boat for $600-$700 a year, where a Cat could be over $2000

What are you doing next Saturday night? :D

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Priceless!! :D If your ever looking for a job, that pays nothing.. I'd enlist your services as a writer for my next years boat show report. :D

RD <---- anxious to get there :D
I thought that it was you writing it the whole time. Had to go back and see who the author was. :D

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
I really liked the concept that Eliminator did for Chris at DSO. That cover for the bow is sweet! I am sure it took some serious tool time too.

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
I really liked the concept that Eliminator did for Chris at DSO. That cover for the bow is sweet! I am sure it took some serious tool time too.
You have any pics?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts