Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i sucked up a rock this weekend and tore up the leading edges on my impeller so just wondering what to run i am not sure whats in it now but it does 75mph its a 1980 hondo witha 468 big block chevy 550hp hooked to a berkely pump thanks i what to run 85 to 90 mph thanks colin :D

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
well i sucked up a rock this weekend and tore up the leading edges on my impeller so just wondering what to run i am not sure whats in it now but it does 75mph its a 1980 hondo witha 468 big block chevy 550hp hooked to a berkely pump thanks i what to run 85 to 90 mph thanks colin :D
B

Pull your pump and send it here!............:D http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

IMHO, there is no way on gods green earth you will pick up 10-15 MPH with an impeller change.. maybe 2MPH if your pump was worn out....

Also, 75 MPH at what RPM? among dozens of other questions I'm sure...:)bulb

GT :)hand

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well sorry iam really new to this whole jetboat thing i run 5000rpm and 75mph on my gps so how do i make this boat go faster :D thanks for all the help there is just no good help in alberta canada to give me advice

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
IMHO I don't think the cost is worth 2 mph. 75 seems to be respectable to me. But then I'm not really racing any one.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
well sorry iam really new to this whole jetboat thing i run 5000rpm and 75mph on my gps so how do i make this boat go faster :D thanks for all the help there is just no good help in alberta canada to give me advice

Some of the fastest jetboats I have ever witnessed came from your neck of the ice....I mean woods:D

GT :)hand

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Im sure I will be corrected if wrong but some hulls are not made to go that fast. You can have a 800hp motor in a whatever lets say Tahiti and it wont go 80mph before it throws you sideways out of the boat. You can always go to stainless impeller, keel, loader, ride plate, place diverter or obviously more horse power.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts

Attachments

·
northern member
602 Posts
try outlaw eagle in Red Deer , there was a ss berkeley A on their website .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haaa thanks gt jet and thanks to everyone on there imput :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is possible to gain ten mph for sure. Dialed in system vs bone stock and variables galore. Say a guy has a boat with a AA impeller with an engine with low torque and changes to a B impeller.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Hondo Man , 550 hp puts you over the "magic mark" for safe use of Aluminum Impellers (both OEM and after market) IMO so your looking at a Bronze or Stainless 500 to 900 range , re your goal , as said above 75 mph is very respectable for that hull and that HP, much more will take some fairly significant Horse power increase . Call if we can help Tom

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Can 550 HP push a Hondo to 85 ? :)bulb

Hell, can 750 HP push a Hondo 85? :)bulb

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so iam thinking your telling me that the fastest iam going to get out of her

·
Registered
6,591 Posts

absolutely. gps's all read 10 mph fast in canada due to global warming. :)hand

dunno about 85, but 550 hp absorbed should easily exceed 75 if the setup is right. 750??? 750 would push my 23' hallet over 80...

·
Premium Member
457 Posts

We'll see in a couple weeks here :)sphss

I think 76Bonneville's change in impeller, from 4700rpm (A) 72mph, then went to 5800rpm (c) at 81mph.... maybe he'll chime in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts