Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
What are you thinking?
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this can be interesting.
For me, wrist, left once and right twice. 8 shoulder dislocation, detached ACL, fractured hip, and lots of bruises and scrapes.:mad:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Was pretty lucky til i hit 24.Had one guy pull in into my line as i was full speed he was slow.Hurt my wrist pretty good didnt ride for 6 weeks when i was use to going 2-3 times a week to the track at that time.Then after that the second time out again well i forgot to turn on the gas and motor shut off 3rd gear wide open going into a small jump.Broke arm on that one in cast for 8 weeks.That was it for 2 wheels sold it the next day for cheap.

Year later i bought a 85 honda 250atc for the dunes only took a few falls in the sand only one that hurt had a stiff neck for a long time from hitting a kid track that was a couple years ago.But after 10 years of owning the atc i just sold it and buying a cr500,got to get back on 2 wheels but it will only be a dune machine this time around.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Broke my ribs front and back. Jacked up my shoulder too.
I think you bruised your liver a few times too Matt! I have been lucky, my worst injuries have been riding my wifes quad. Those things are death traps!!!
I usually go down a couple times a weekend but manage to escape mostly uninjured. Always sore though.

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Wrist will never be the same. Xray shows three different broken metacarpals all different wrecks. Index finger is 3/8s inch shorter than originally intended thanks to the step up double at Racetown. Hit it 3rd gear pinned and landed flat.
Knees probably need surgery but I'm in denial. Screwed up shoulder... probably from the halfpipe more than the bike. Wouldn't change a thing except maybe the insurance policy when I hurt my shoulder.

·
What are you thinking?
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrist will never be the same. Xray shows three different broken metacarpals all different wrecks. Index finger is 3/8s inch shorter than originally intended thanks to the step up double at Racetown. Hit it 3rd gear pinned and landed flat.
Knees probably need surgery but I'm in denial. Screwed up shoulder... probably from the halfpipe more than the bike. Wouldn't change a thing except maybe the insurance policy when I hurt my shoulder.
I am guessing the insurance company did take care of you the way they should. My HMO policy sucks, after my knee surgery (acl) they sent me to physical therapy. The copay for three times a week was 20 bucks for each appointment. 6 weeks of therapy would have cost me 360 bucks. lets just say I went once and did the rest at home.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I think this can be interesting.
For me, wrist, left once and right twice. 8 shoulder dislocation, detached ACL, fractured hip, and lots of bruises and scrapes.:mad:
@60 mph thru a 6 string bobwire fence on my cr125:)sphss 70 stitches in my back, 20 in my arm , and a cracked verte.

·
Dirty White Boy
441 Posts
My wife broke her back on her quad...(I told her they were more dangerous than a bike) She still has pain, but recovered well.

On my dirtbike, I have had seperated shoulders, acl, rt hand smashed, broken foot.

WHAT A FUN SPORT!:)devil

·
3,246 Posts
been knocked out twice, the funny bone on my elbow that has all the attached ligaments and tendons broke off and was floating somewhere around my sholder (that surgey sucked), pressure fracture and a huge himatoma on my femor bone. one time when i was alot younger, i was riding with no boots, hit a jump, fooot slipped of the peg and i had the footpeg stuck in my shin until i liftef my leg off the peg. that was a bloody SOB and took some bone with it as well

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Right wrist, right elbow, both ankles, right tibia and fibia, a couple in my hand and foot. All but one from dirt bike. Either I really suck at riding or I try some really dumb stuff.........On second thought I think its alot of both:D:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts