Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a boat for a motor I have! Wanted to know what you guys think in a 18-19' simi-v who has the best hull? Handling,durability,ride,and able to handle big HP! I know asking this question is general and everyone has there opinion so keep it clean!:):)punch:(:( WT:)devil

·
Just Me
4,061 Posts
You might want to mention what type water you'll be running in. Some hulls handle chop better than others. Are you looking for a family boat or more of a river race boat, or even an out and out racing boat?

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Also, what kind of power plant? Blower, twin turbo, N/A. Exhaust choices, TT, OT
What kind of drive? I realize you are in the "jet" section. Berk or clone, Jacu., Panther.

And what Snoc said is most important. I see you are in AR. Windy lakes, short bodies of water. Sunning, sitting and soaking suds, sounds.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am talking about Miller,Rogers,Banner, and the likes N/A 700 HP or so good lakes and rivers not shallow like some I here of! Chop is in all lakes when the boats are there! HP handling boats in a simi-v hull is what I am asking! Not lightweight.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outlaw,I know you are right! WT:)devil

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I am talking about Miller,Rogers,Banner, and the likes N/A 700 HP or so good lakes and rivers not shallow like some I here of! Chop is in all lakes when the boats are there! HP handling boats in a simi-v hull is what I am asking! Not lightweight.
I like Rogers,...but why would Gullwings not be a part of a good semi V jet list?

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I think that the 19' is a better all around hull, the 18' still beat me up a good amt, not like most every other 18' in its class, but you still felt the water!

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Schiada!!!!!
20' to 22' you choose.
V-drive for your big motor. We found a 21' RC offshore ski boat with a twin-turbo BBC and we GPSed it over a hundred prior to rebuilding the engine with the best of everything. It takes a set and flies, eats tougher water to boot! I can't imagine how you could wish you had gotten a better boat down the road. We love ours!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I still put the Gullwing in the semi-v category. Mine fits the family of 4 people ,cooler skies. Can handle chop and haul the mail when ever I want and brings a smile to my face every time I am in it.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are all good boats! This is the info.I was looking for. I know a gulwing is the shait just wanted to know what other boats could handle good power! Thanks WT:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
These are all good boats! This is the info.I was looking for. I know a gulwing is the shait just wanted to know what other boats could handle good power! Thanks WT:)devil
coby, you really need a gullwing, you'll never wanna own another vhull after you've gotten used to the ride of a gullwing. i loved my taylor sj, thought it rode awesome, then i bought my gullwing and learned what a good soft ride was all about;) my local lake is pretty big(hugo lake) and we'd leave or fav ramp and shoot straight across the biggest part doin 85 all the way to the other side. if i'd tried that in my taylor , i prob wouldn't be here typing this:p the only boat that rode better than my gullwing is my uncle's tx20, that thing just has so much air under it.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
I know you asked for a "V", but why not look into a tunnel as well? A 21' tunnel makes a great family boat and you can haul the mail with some power.

TPR 21, or Daytona 21, Great boats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts