Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 396 BBC that has a block no. 3916323 Mortec says 1968 396 2 or 4 bolt. The heads are no. 3909802 mortec list them as 1967 oval with closed chamber 101cc 396-427. Can anyone tell me the factory HP of this mill? Thanks for any info.! WT:)devil

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rating for those goes from 325 to 350. Good motors if it runs but not really worth rebuilding when you can build a 454 and up for same price maybe evencheaper.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I have a 396 BBC that has a block no. 3916323 Mortec says 1968 396 2 or 4 bolt. The heads are no. 3909802 mortec list them as 1967 oval with closed chamber 101cc 396-427. Can anyone tell me the factory HP of this mill? Thanks for any info.! WT:)devil

thinking of down sizing so you can keep up with TINT:)sphss

yeah i would say 325-350.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It is in a friends boat and it has a few more parts in it now! Just wanted to know the base of this motor! Just for reference! WT:)devil

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thinking of down sizing so you can keep up with TINT:)sphss

yeah i would say 325-350.
LMAO! Twist the bi#$h up! No it is in Scott's TX and we are testing!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
LMAO! Twist the bi#$h up! No it is in Scott's TX and we are testing!

i didn't know his Tx came with a 396,wtf:)bulb

next time ill ride with you i have a affect on making things go faster:)sphss

Scott is getting close to starting on mine.:D:D:D:D

WTF is with all these peeps we know named Scott???

hell there parents must have all been on Crack to name so many people Scott and we end up with themhil:)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would someone know the compression ratio on this 396?

This is the one he went to Minn. and picked up! Scotty wants more so I told him to buy the SJ and do a swap and sell! :D

I had 3 Scott's at the house last weekend and I know 2 more that you know!:)hand WT:)devil

WFLC!

·
WFL Crew
3,874 Posts
Coby i think i have the same motor in my shop.Mine is a 350 hp 396 outta 68 chevelle. Its been in the family for years...now it collects dust. It has small domes in it.Tell Scott to buy a 454 ! Scott # 1.:)devil Travis knows his second born will be named SCOTT!!!:D:)hand

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Coby i think i have the same motor in my shop.Mine is a 350 hp 396 outta 68 chevelle. Its been in the family for years...now it collects dust. It has small domes in it.Tell Scott to buy a 454 ! Scott # 1.:)devil Travis knows his second born will be named SCOTT!!!:D:)hand

he don't want the SJ no one does;)

my second born will be named Wyatt Earp:Dso he can shoot yo ass:)grn

best thing Scott(whatever # he is,lol!!!)is buy the 468 you have if you still have it:)bulb

·
WFL Crew
3,874 Posts
he don't want the SJ no one does;)

my second born will be named Wyatt Earp:Dso he can shoot yo ass:)grn

best thing Scott(whatever # he is,lol!!!)is buy the 468 you have if you still have it:)bulb
Coby should just loan it to him...to see if he likes it!:D

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No,No,No, He would and I would be out to dry!:)st Trying to work a deal with a guy right now on the 468 might be able to build the monster mo de!:D WT:)devil

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

how bout instead of loan someone buy buy buy:|err

just got back from the liqy sto and Bar,HA!!!!!!!!!!!got bored and closed a little early.

:)devil

what kinda monsta mo dodo:Dbetter not be a 565:|erryou have to either go bigger or smaller since i already picked that size;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
how bout instead of loan someone buy buy buy:|err

just got back from the liqy sto and Bar,HA!!!!!!!!!!!got bored and closed a little early.

:)devil

what kinda monsta mo dodo:Dbetter not be a 565:|erryou have to either go bigger or smaller since i already picked that size;)
:D i know i know :p:)devil

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Would someone know the compression ratio on this 396?

This is the one he went to Minn. and picked up! Scotty wants more so I told him to buy the SJ and do a swap and sell! :D

I had 3 Scott's at the house last weekend and I know 2 more that you know!:)hand WT:)devil

WFLC!

comp. ratio for both 325&350hp motors was 10.25 to 1(small dome/closed chamber head)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
My Dad used to have a 68 Chevelle SS convertible with the same motor. 350HP-396. It wasn't the baddest dog on the street, but was no slouch either. I can still remember him running through the 4 speed in that car. Man..... I just love the sound of a big block going through the gears.

Darrell.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
well guess im outta the loop no one wants to tell me:)bulb

damn shame yall are gonna miss me as a friend i just can feel it:)hand

thats okay we had fun together ill get a new group of friends and piss them off sooner or later to:)sphss

Morning Jackasses :)hand

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

thats okay we had fun together ill get a new group of friends and piss them off sooner or later to:)sphss

Don't go pissing in your wheates I have not decided yet! Do have a block tho!:D SSHHHHHHHHH! You know who doesn't know and it is not a he!!!!! :D WT:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts

Don't go pissing in your wheates I have not decided yet! Do have a block tho!:D SSHHHHHHHHH! You know who doesn't know and it is not a he!!!!! :D WT:)devil
lmao, i thought we were talkin bout tint:p im building him a all alum 454 lsx with a flux capacitor/4 turbs/2 centri chargers/ and a big and ugly injector hat:D oh and nitrous under the hat:p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts