Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Live it!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have they found the low-life rabbit that ran from the scene?
I tried a search on this site but could not find anything- update?

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
I haven't kept up on the latest with this situation..but I hope all the info wasn't lost (or forgotten) on HB and people continue to look for this SOB. Seems like it should be a sticky over here as well to keep it in everyone's thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
You know I saw a Fountain at the Islander last Oct stored under a canopy that looked just like that. Anyone check that one out. I think it was in the 160's area but I could be wrong.:confused:

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
San Bernardino County is the lead Agency in this case. All I know is that the boat is still outstanding.

At this point in time, I fear that just locating a boat that looks like it isn't going to do much. Since so much time has passed, the boat would have been repaired, sold, scuttled, or destroyed.

It will take someone with inside knowledge of the act to come forward. The girlfriend or wife that was with him. The one(s) who helped repair, hide or destroy the boat. A "friend" who he told about it or knows what happened.

Someone will have a falling out with him, grow a conscience, or just come forward because it's the "right" thing to do.

That's not to say that the poster is now moot. Keeping it in the public eye might jar someone's memory of that day, or allow the honest boat shop that did repairs to put 2 and 2 together and realize that the boat he fixed was involved in this collision.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
San Bernardino County is the lead Agency in this case. All I know is that the boat is still outstanding.

At this point in time, I fear that just locating a boat that looks like it isn't going to do much. Since so much time has passed, the boat would have been repaired, sold, scuttled, or destroyed.

It will take someone with inside knowledge of the act to come forward. The girlfriend or wife that was with him. The one(s) who helped repair, hide or destroy the boat. A "friend" who he told about it or knows what happened.

Someone will have a falling out with him, grow a conscience, or just come forward because it's the "right" thing to do.

That's not to say that the poster is now moot. Keeping it in the public eye might jar someone's memory of that day, or allow the honest boat shop that did repairs to put 2 and 2 together and realize that the boat he fixed was involved in this collision.
Won't selling the boat bring up a Red flag

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
Won't selling the boat bring up a Red flag
No. Boats are bought and sold every day. Especially with the current economic situation.

This incident, although well publicized in our little corner of the Country, isn't widely known in other locales. The boat could have been fixed on the sly and sold anywhere in the US, or even the world for that matter. No one would suspect anything.

The owner could have just defaulted on the loan, and it could be sitting in some bank's storage or auction yard for all we know.

I'm confident that the investigators are doing everything they can in getting some resolution in this case.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
With BoatCop leaving the country to pursue his life long dream of becoming an expensive aupair/nanny in the UK, I don't think this case will be solved any time soon.

·
Senior Moment Member
478 Posts
TV 45 in havi runs a notice about everyother day about that incident complete with pics of a fountain that looks similiar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts