· Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
930 Posts

· Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an "oil slinger". Goes on the end of crankshaft BEFORE you install the timing cover.

SON OF A BITCH!!! lol

there are guys on the realoldspower site running without them, what do you folks think about that???

obviously its to keep the timing chain oiled, but considering the oil is squirting onto the chain/cam sprocket is it really necessary???

or should i just get more gaskets and tear it down to set this thing in there.. Large cup side towards the timing cover im guessing?

· Registered
4,038 Posts
SON OF A BITCH!!! lol

there are guys on the realoldspower site running without them, what do you folks think about that???

obviously its to keep the timing chain oiled, but considering the oil is squirting onto the chain/cam sprocket is it really necessary???

or should i just get more gaskets and tear it down to set this thing in there.. Large cup side towards the timing cover im guessing?
Not worth the trouble. If you have a good crank seal, leave it off.

· Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't use it. Mine has all the oil mods and restrictors you hear so much about, no problems, run for many years this way.
sounds good to me... from what all the olds guys say not many use it anyway. im just gonna trust the ol crank seal lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.