Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was admiring Bill's Eliminator when I spotted this...

What is it? Do I need one? Where would I get one?

If it is what I think it is, it may be something I was looking for. Before I saw the pics, I was thinking of just using a simple J stap to secure the front of the boat to the trailer and/or limiting the travel of the bow eye rod (no idea what the proper term is).

I think I read something on the old Hot Boat forum where someone was unfortunate enough to have the rod that secures the bow eye get punched through their hull. I believe it happened when they were retreiving and someone caused a good sized wake which lifted the boat and dropped it on the rod when it was pointing straight up. Anyone remember this?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I had issues like that when retreiving my boat. It bent that bar to shit and i almost lost my front hook. I pulled it out and replaced it with a crank. no more bouncing.

you can see how it is here. sorry i dont have a closer shot.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had issues like that when retreiving my boat. It bent that bar to shit and i almost lost my front hook. I pulled it out and replaced it with a crank. no more bouncing.
What was the process for the replacement? Is there a kit offered?

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
on my cuiser, i use a short rope that has a hook that goes through the bow eye and the same hook is used to adhear the floater bar...its tight enough that i have to lay over the bow and use my weight to unhook it....it reduces the bounce on the trailer on rough roads considerably.

this short rope also assists in keeping the boat floating up/back and flipping the floater over when pulling the boat out of the water.

i do like that device though

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tahiti Boss21, I will do that. Thanks :)

Brad, I will give your idea a try. I think a hangman's knot at both ends will work nicely and will only cost about a dollar worth of rope :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts